• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 104, is it a 9.0?

13 posts in this topic

I bought this book and X-Men 103 at a show about 3 months back, and it has stoked a fire for me to do a X-Men run from 94-end of v1. Now, I know that to many on these boards, this run in less than 9.4 is screwy.gif, but, ill take a run of 9.0's thank you very much. So, is this a 9.0?

Take a look at Magneto's shoulder area. There is a line, and a little bit of "dirt" there. I noticed on this book and the 103 that I have, that there are these lines that run verticle from the top to the bottom of the book. They appear to be factory defects for lack of a better term because of their uniformity. I dont know if they will show up in the scans, but if they dont, cna anyone help explain to me what they are?

X-Men104Front.jpg

And the back

X-Men104back.jpg

Arex,

9.0 easy - hands down, perhaps higher. The only thing that bothers me a little is the blue ink mark between "X" and "Men" - does that appear on other copies of the same issue?

If so, I'd go as high as a 9.4. The lines you mention appear to be production streaks.

Nice copy! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks guys,

I am getting better at recognizing vf's and now need to learn the higher grades. I still have a long way to go to get any where near decent in grading. But like FFB said to me one night,

"it's not just about getting there, it's about having fun along the way".

And posting and reading and lurking in this area has helped me a lot.

The blue ink DOES appear on my copy....

Arex,

9.0 easy - hands down, perhaps higher. The only thing that bothers me a little is the blue ink mark between "X" and "Men" - does that appear on other copies of the same issue?

If so, I'd go as high as a 9.4. The lines you mention appear to be production streaks.

Nice copy! thumbsup2.gif

I believe that I have been grading my books too harsh. I know that time and experience will help me get more consistent. I am looking through my OGG and trying to memorize the standards for each grade. Thanks for the opinions, and ill be putting up some more to get graded tonight.

Arex