• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel movie 1st apps - Sgt. Fury 5, Hulk 271, TOS 75 & 76!!!

17 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

It seems there's been some interest in these books lately what with the movie hype surrounding them. I really have no idea if I'm pricing high, low, or accurately given the market has been all over the place, but I figure I'll just put them out there and people can either shake their head and laugh, make an offer, or buy outright (my preferred option lol ).

My kudos thread is linked below if you need references.

Rules:

1. No probies/HOSers/other miscreants

2. Paypal preferred

3. :takeit: in thread trumps PMs

4. Price includes shipping within U.S.; I can also ship books from within Canada (from Montreal) at a rate calculated as per Canada Post. Presumably Quebec/Ontario will be cheaper than out west.

Thanks for checking out the thread!

Tales of Suspense Nos. 75 and 76 - $45 SHIPPED FOR PAIR

Nice-presenting copies of the first and second appearances of both Batroc the Leaper and Sharon Carter/Agent 13. As you know, current thorn-in-UFC's-side Georges St-Pierre will be playing Batroc in the upcoming Cap movie.

Both issues lie flat and have tight spines. I would call 75 a straight VG with the issues you see, while I'd call the 76 a VG+, though structurally it presents closer to a FN- - I'm keeping the grade conservative due to tanning on the cover and the moisture spot you see on the bc (also one on the inside fc - neither transfer to the interior pages themselves).

TOS 75:

TOS75fc_zps3f619501.jpg

TOS75bc_zps2511d4a5.jpg

TOS 76:

TOS76fc_zpsbad01124.jpg

TOS76bc_zpsf3aaceea.jpg

Hulk No. 271 - VF+ - $48 SHIPPED

First (to some!) appearance of Rocket Raccoon. Very clean copy that lies as an 8.5 right now with the bending that runs through the lower part of the book (opposite the spine) you can see on the scan and some other pressable defects that don't break color. You have a couple of spine tics you can see, but beyond that, I would suggest that with a proper press, this could easily jump up to 9.2 territory or higher (you be the judge).

Hulk171fc_zpsf68909b5.jpg

Hulk171bc_zpsf4cbcc35.jpg

Sgt. Fury 5 - VG+ - $125 SHIPPED

One of the hottest books out there. First appearance of Baron Strucker, soon to be immortalized on the silver screen by Thomas Kretschmann in the next Avengers flick! This is a very pretty copy with a tight spine and some nice gloss still on the cover. I'll admit I would have maybe thought it was a VG/FN, but it clearly falls just a notch below the 5.0 Rupp currently has up for auction. It has the nicks you can see to go along with the slight foxing on the cover; interior pages are C/OW.

SgtFury5fc_zps7c98e210.jpg

SgtFury5bc_zpsa0041d7c.jpg

First (to some!) appearance of Rocket Raccoon. Very clean copy that lies as an 8.5 right now with the bending that runs through the lower part of the book (opposite the spine) you can see on the scan and some other pressable defects that don't break color. You have a couple of spine tics you can see, but beyond that, I would suggest that with a proper press, this could easily jump up to 9.2 territory or higher (you be the judge).

:takeit:

Dang I was too slow

^^

Thank you so much!

One of the hottest books out there. First appearance of Baron Strucker, soon to be immortalized on the silver screen by Thomas Kretschmann in the next Avengers flick! This is a very pretty copy with a tight spine and some nice gloss still on the cover. I'll admit I would have maybe thought it was a VG/FN, but it clearly falls just a notch below the 5.0 Rupp currently has up for auction. It has the nicks you can see to go along with the slight foxing on the cover; interior pages are C/OW.

:takeit: via PM

Uh oh......

Geez man, who is stirring the s#*t here? Me or you? I understand collector courtesy, and if the book is available I'll take it and if its spoken for no biggie, its just a comic right?. Sometimes a collector steps up and sometimes steps back, I do both. I cant communicate my interest if I don't chime in. (shrug)

Uh oh......

Geez man, who is stirring the s#*t here? Me or you? I understand collector courtesy, and if the book is available I'll take it and if its spoken for no biggie, its just a comic right?. Sometimes a collector steps up and sometimes steps back, I do both. I cant communicate my interest if I don't chime in. (shrug)

Very true. I PM'd last night, but wasn't the first, so I missed out.

At this point, I wish I would have just taken it at $125 shipped! :(

Sorry, was called away for work and was out all weekend, but indeed mscm34 and I had communicated via PM and closed on a deal and as per my stated guidelines, he posted the :takeit: in the thread to confirm as much.

I'm not sure why anyone would post :takeit: on the same book afterward, but regardless, I apologize for not being able to post here to clear up any confusion earlier.

Thanks to all who were interested in the book.