• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Almost 5years later I finally saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine

97 posts in this topic

The ONLY good thing I took out of the Wolverine:Origins movie was Liev Shreiber's portrayal of Sabertooth. The rest of the movie (especially Deadpool) felt rushed and not enough of a Gambit back story. They missed on a lot of opportunities!

I though Shreiber really captured the tone of the character well. Ryan Reynolds was perfect as Wade Wilson.

The ONLY good thing I took out of the Wolverine:Origins movie was Liev Shreiber's portrayal of Sabertooth. The rest of the movie (especially Deadpool) felt rushed and not enough of a Gambit back story. They missed on a lot of opportunities!

I though Shreiber really captured the tone of the character well. Ryan Reynolds was perfect as Wade Wilson.

Shreiber was good, until they made him run on all fours a-la Teen Wolf.

And Ryan Reynolds was a great start at Wade, but the thing at the end wasn't Deadpool.

And Ryan Reynolds was a great start at Wade, but the thing at the end wasn't Deadpool.

I agree with both your points.

If you haven't seen the second one..beware...I liked the first one better lol

I agree with both your points.

If you haven't seen the second one..beware...I liked the first one better lol

Oh no!

lol

I'll get back to you.

The Wolverine was actually a way better effort. I wouldn't say that I agree with the direction they are taking Logan, but I will say that they seemed to take more care in putting the spirit of his character on screen. The Wolverine - should it have been the actual 1st solo film instead of Origins - would have assuaged a lot of fanboy fears (mine included).

The first movie tried to shoe-horn Logan's entire past and a bunch of other krap into a 2-hour film.

The second movie took a portion of Logan's past and made a 2-hour film with it. It worked out much, much better and unfolded much more interestingly.

It seems that they are making these movies "inspired" by classic storylines, which seems to be a better formula than trying to integrate those stories we love, because that doesn't seem to work very well by the time it gets on-screen.

I still haven't seen the second one... Is it that bad?

It's definitely worth seeing. Is it like Man of Steel or Avengers? No - but it's still worth checking out at home.

+1,000,000

Liev Shreiber is Sabretooth. That was such a cool performance - really the only redeeming thing about that film. Ryan Reynolds a very close second.

Yes. I wish they had made a completely original story...instead of painfully lifting superficial bits from the mini series. Those bits only made me think.....what might have been.

The mini series was about losing and gaining honor. About the man overcoming the animal. This movie had nothing to do with those themes at all.

About halfway through my dog farted, I said "Amen Viv".

I actually made myself laugh out loud. lol

This movie could be used as evidence as to why Marvel should get the rights to Logan back.

So my question is should I even bother with "The Wolverine"?

And with how cruddy the continuity is in the X movie world: Scott being younger than Havok, Emma Frost is a grown woman in First Class then a teenager in Origin, and any other oopsies you can imagine are you worried about days of future past being a time oriented movie?

Heh - I only saw this for the first time back in November, so I am right there with you.

I keep hearing what most here say - the second Wolvie movie is better. At my pace, I will end up watching it in 2020 or so.

:)

-slym

I actually thought X-Men first class was the best X movie,and thought they did a great job on Magnetos origins.What do I know......? (shrug)

I agree it was the best X-Men movie...though that's not saying too much IMHO.

Wow I must be easy to please....

It's possible hm

X-Men First Class is by far my favorite X-Men movie. I'm hoping that the results of this year's Days of Future Past movie leave us with the First Class crew and retcon away the results of X3

I'm a big Wolverine fan. I did think the first 30 minutes or so of Origins was decent, and I like Liev. But the rest of the movie I did not like at all. I thought The Wolverine was much better but I still did not like it as a movie as much as I liked First Class.

NOOOOOO. It is not that bad. It's actually a pretty decent story. They just didn't go with any major villain throughout the movie like a Sabretooth. And Viper should have had less screen time, as she hardly added to the story.

But this movie itself is taking the character down the right path, including the lead-in to X-Men: DoFP. It is worth seeing!

About halfway through my dog farted, I said "Amen Viv".

I actually made myself laugh out loud. lol

This movie could be used as evidence as to why Marvel should get the rights to Logan back.

So my question is should I even bother with "The Wolverine"?

And with how cruddy the continuity is in the X movie world: Scott being younger than Havok, Emma Frost is a grown woman in First Class then a teenager in Origin, and any other oopsies you can imagine are you worried about days of future past being a time oriented movie?

You should watch The Spirit next.

Until this thread, I didn't even realize the character was actually Deadpool since it was so far off from the Marvel Universe. PS- The Deadpool video game was horrible.

Daredevil - Total failure. They should have let Tim Burton direct it.

Green Lantern - What were they thinking?

Electra - They owe me 2 hours of my life back

X-Men 1 - Good

X2 - Best of the bunch. I always liked the Dark Phoenix.

Wolverine - Ehhhhh

X-Men First Class - Kind of put me to sleep. I have to watch it again.

Batman Movies - I don't remember ANYTHING about them except how great Heath Ledger was!

Avengers 1 and 2 - Not bad, but not something I'll keep watching

Iron Man(s) - Very good and I like watching them

Thor - Cures Insomnia

Man Of Steel - Seriously.... Zod again.... No Clark Kent. No sneaking off to change. Yawn... Make one with Doomsday and wreck NYC.

Anyone else want to chime in and what could have been and what they thought we would have to learn to like?