• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nova 1 fan club
2 2

106 posts in this topic

Been a fan of Nova since reading Issue 19 with Blackout in the early 80s as a kid. Absolutely loved it, but of course, the series had long been cancelled by then. So 19 was the only issue in the series I had, and I ragged that copy out with the constant readings. Never did read any of the other issues from that original series and the character didn't pop up in any other titles at the time. As a matter of fact, I remember being somewhat bummed when the original Marvel Handbook issue came out with the dead and inactive characters and learned that his powers were gone or some such. Still, I've had a soft spot in my heart for him over the years simply from that one issue with him fighting Blackout. One of my all-time favorite covers because of it.

In any event, fast forward 20-some years and I've wanted for awhile now a 9.8 copy of Issue 1. However, being the anal retentive type that I am, it's a difficult issue to come across with a perfect wrap and white pages in that grade, at least at a semi-affordable price. $500 cheddar is a lot of cheese. Last night, I decided to bite the bullet, overspent and picked up a copy that I'm very happy with finally. So add me to the Club, I'm now a member.

:whee:

Nova%201_zpszxupjlaa.jpeg