• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OG Daredevil (Bart Hill) appretiation CLUB

29 posts in this topic

In light of all of the appreciation threads and keeping them in one place for noobs like myself to access at the drop of a dime I wanted to start one for the original Daredevil!!!

Some of these Clubs are a lot tougher in the GA sector than SA because of lack of supply I suppose so its easier to do with a character sometimes than just one book in particular...I vote to go ahead and include the pre Daredevil Silver Streaks as well just to keep them all here so if you have a SS #1-5 go ahead and proudly throw them up here too :grin: Trust me we all want to see them (thumbs u plus the CLAW is pretty sweet for a villain!!!

Here is my lone (for now) entry into the club...I dont think this is considered a classic Cover by CGC standards...time to re-think that one :baiting:

11998281383_4ba2516aa5_b.jpg

In light of all of the appreciation threads and keeping them in one place for noobs like myself to access at the drop of a dime I wanted to start one for the original Daredevil!!!

Disagree "in nice sense"-----Great cover you picked up- I think it is classic. The Claw just takes the covers up a notch

I have the run of these. Some are just terrific.....sampling below.....just fun stuff. Congrats on your first step...... jb

144186.jpg.e640c875e2ba0a8e55784c338c3cd3e7.jpg

144187.jpg.a29bdaaab1e1518a959298282e8a4c71.jpg

144188.jpg.2cad974c6fe5646ce6a653670f4690aa.jpg

144189.jpg.195bee5e5206e39d24665394884f8267.jpg

144190.jpg.7925d95dd0a5075de5454f50374efced.jpg

Disagree "in nice sense"-----Great cover you picked up- I think it is classic. The Claw just takes the covers up a notch

I have the run of these. Some are just terrific.....sampling below.....just fun stuff. Congrats on your first step...... jb

couple more samplings.....jb

144191.jpg.849885e1c16d7a691010ec0e81a501b8.jpg

144192.jpg.1122e848a797f0668b906dba0b1900ce.jpg

144193.jpg.02364857a43a20a8a3184400c2b1211c.jpg

144194.jpg.b26fb17a70de5abe3c51ce50b24eeb26.jpg

144195.jpg.06b10ba12903ce6cac672cd070b30d63.jpg

Those are fantastic jb and thanks man!!! @ pmpknface I just picked up the Daredevil HC myself at one of my local comic shops!! it was probably way overpriced compared to what I could have gotten it for on Amazon or fleaBay but I like to contribute to the small business's as much as possible...I need the Silver Streak HC still just for my collection even though I have read #6-8 on comicbookplus!! It has the cover of SS #7 on it :cloud9:

These are all sweeeeet!!! Gotta love that Daredevil vs. Hitler and I have a particular fondness for SS #1 & 2...I just missed my #2 the other day :cry: Leave it to Mr. Bedrock to pull out a Larson copy...NICE!!! Twisty great book as usual man!!!!

As I look through the Gerber's it states that Silver Streak #1 is a Gerber 6 and the #8 is a 5...Now here is question for the Vets...how accurate do we think these scarcities are? As I searched many sites and past auctions I did not see that many of either copies...Are these not that rare and the Gerbers are quite right or do they just not pop up as often do to lack of popularity? Also, the census numbers on all these books seems to be quite low (shrug)

These are all sweeeeet!!! Gotta love that Daredevil vs. Hitler and I have a particular fondness for SS #1 & 2...I just missed my #2 the other day :cry: Leave it to Mr. Bedrock to pull out a Larson copy...NICE!!! Twisty great book as usual man!!!!

As I look through the Gerber's it states that Silver Streak #1 is a Gerber 6 and the #8 is a 5...Now here is question for the Vets...how accurate do we think these scarcities are? As I searched many sites and past auctions I did not see that many of either copies...Are these not that rare and the Gerbers are quite right or do they just not pop up as often do to lack of popularity? Also, the census numbers on all these books seems to be quite low (shrug)

#8 is one of the tougher issues in the entire run. Impossible in grade, and definitely much harder to find than #1. I'd give it a scarcity rating of 7 or so.

#8 is one of the tougher issues in the entire run. Impossible in grade, and definitely much harder to find than #1. I'd give it a scarcity rating of 7 or so.

Thanks man (thumbs u I do see that the highest graded is a blue label 7.0!! I think it is a pinnacle or something!! I am thinking you own that right :grin: you got some sweet arse books dude!!!

Thanks man (thumbs u I do see that the highest graded is a blue label 7.0!! I think it is a pinnacle or something!! I am thinking you own that right :grin: you got some sweet arse books dude!!!

Thanks, but no I don't have a #8. It's definitely on the want-list.

Thanks, but no I don't have a #8. It's definitely on the want-list.

:o:o:o and your welcome :grin:

FYI the #3 I posted is the "Larson"

Scan of my #8; raw;- nice quality----- and CC Beck recreation of Cole cover. jb

(The fact Beck chose this Cole/SS cover reflects what Beck thought of this cover.

144209.jpg.5ad4871d4eb72665e69c18fe16040449.jpg

144210.jpg.366d130a0c920a0b7cf3a4d1b3c1b4d8.jpg

Beautiful!

+1 Wowza!!!!! that is grrrrreat...for an artist who worked around the same time to re-create anothers does indeed say something about it!!

Do you mind me asking how big that recreation is? it is FANTASTIC!!!! :applause:

Edited by gino2paulus2