• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant-Size X-Men 1

39 posts in this topic

Wow!

I was studying the pic and pegged it at a 4.0 then started scrolling down. I saw some people were agreeing with me then I saw what it pressed out too! Amazing!

Congrats!

In the Overstreet Comic Book Graders Guide there is a note that is made at the bottom of the grade summary page that states "Certain defects are allowed if other defects are not present" This note only occurs from grades 8.5 down to 1.5. Josh's book fits into that category and although it may seem like a "gift grade" to some of us, I must say that I cannot dispute that the rest of the slabbed book is pretty darn nice!

Once again,congratualtions.gifJosh!

Hey guys,

This thread inspired me. I'm weighing my options on submitting my own GSXM #1. Mine is less wrinkly than the one in the thread pre-pressing, but otherwise similar...I think it's a FN+. I'm not a fan of pressing, but I can see how it make sense on square bound books like this one.

I am not a member of any "CGC club". Can you all suggest a good economical alternative for getting my book pressed and submitted to CGC? Do you send it to a pressing wizard, wait for it to come back, then submit it to CGC? Do they submit it on your behalf? How does it work?

Thanks,

Steve

Hey guys,

This thread inspired me. I'm weighing my options on submitting my own GSXM #1. Mine is less wrinkly than the one in the thread pre-pressing, but otherwise similar...I think it's a FN+. I'm not a fan of pressing, but I can see how it make sense on square bound books like this one.

I am not a member of any "CGC club". Can you all suggest a good economical alternative for getting my book pressed and submitted to CGC? Do you send it to a pressing wizard, wait for it to come back, then submit it to CGC? Do they submit it on your behalf? How does it work?

Thanks,

Steve

There's two main options. One, you can pay for the one year membership and then you can submit directly to CCS for pressing and they can "walk" it over to CGC afterwards for grading. Or two, you can submit to the board members here who do pressing and submittal, like joeypost.

I had CCS press two of my comics and then they sent it to CGC (they're in the same facility) for grading. Extremely easy. I have two more currently going through the process again.

I have heard that joeypost works wonders when pressing and if I remember correctly, he can also submit directly to CGC for grading afterwards, so on your end it is exactly the same as I outlined with CCS above.