• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great Craigslist Find

53 posts in this topic

Nice! You can foot it to flea markets for a year and not hit that. PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE. We need more of them! :)

What was so weird was that they made an excel spreadsheet. They could have taken that to Graham Cracker Comics or Chicago Comics and found out right away what they had. And they probably would have been offered at least $300 to $400 for it.

:o Where in Chicago? Just curious...did they give you a list of the comics before hand? Sweet pickup!!

Western suburbs.

The ad gave the breakdown of issues by Marvel, DC, Charlton etc and said there was one hard to find X-Men issue.

I emailed for a list and they sent me an excel.

Once I saw giant size and 94 on the list I asked for a photo of the X-Men books.

Once I got the photo I made the 90 minute drive in this horrible weather to go get them.

Smoothest craigslist transaction that I've ever had.

hm

i've search CL almost everyday. the one day I don't this comes up.

I'm out!

Just keep looking...I've down really, really well with Craig's List. The Hulk 102, 181, Flash 129 and a bunch of others you got from me all came from my first "catch" on CL. I hadn't been on there in literally years. I just happened to look and saw the posting for SA books.

Nice! You can foot it to flea markets for a year and not hit that. PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE. We need more of them! :)

What was so weird was that they made an excel spreadsheet. They could have taken that to Graham Cracker Comics or Chicago Comics and found out right away what they had. And they probably would have been offered at least $300 to $400 for it.

More like $30 or $40.

More like $30 or $40.

+1

More like $30 or $40.

Yup.

:o Where in Chicago? Just curious...did they give you a list of the comics before hand? Sweet pickup!!

Western suburbs.

The ad gave the breakdown of issues by Marvel, DC, Charlton etc and said there was one hard to find X-Men issue.

I emailed for a list and they sent me an excel.

Once I saw giant size and 94 on the list I asked for a photo of the X-Men books.

Once I got the photo I made the 90 minute drive in this horrible weather to go get them.

Smoothest craigslist transaction that I've ever had.

hm

i've search CL almost everyday. the one day I don't this comes up.

I'm out!

Just keep looking...I've down really, really well with Craig's List. The Hulk 102, 181, Flash 129 and a bunch of others you got from me all came from my first "catch" on CL. I hadn't been on there in literally years. I just happened to look and saw the posting for SA books.

Yeah I was just kidding. I could never be out. Just tough to hear when someone finds a gem in your own backyard.

The OP is right, Chicago has been abysmal the last few months. The weather hasn't helped and either everyone on CL is asking too much or in most case the stuff is pure drek. So this was a rare needle in the haystack.

Just for a laugh I went on CL and immediately found crazy person after crazy person after crazy person listing comics. This is by no means the worst, but the image clearly illustrates the insanity of the listing:

comics - mostly Spider-man - great-perfect condition - in plastic sleeves - $440 for all.

00m0m_eia5MLz8WUd_600x450.jpg

Just for a laugh I went on CL and immediately found crazy person after crazy person after crazy person listing comics. This is by no means the worst, but the image clearly illustrates the insanity of the listing:

comics - mostly Spider-man - great-perfect condition - in plastic sleeves - $440 for all.

I'm always amused by the use of polybags as a selling point, as if somehow a comic being in a polybag makes it valuable. Another favorite I often see on eBay is "never read," and I wonder how they know, and who cares? :)

Here's my areas typical Craigslist comic listing. I think it's been months since anyone has offered up anything remotely interesting.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/clt/4283336900.html

"I am trying to sale this comic book because I don't know were to sale I only want $45.00 because it worth more for it but I only want $45.00 for it............"

The seller sounds like he's in 2nd grade. Maybe he needs the $45 to buy a new Wiffle bat?

:takeit: