• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else here not like signatures on their comics?

81 posts in this topic

Hi all, are their any of you who feels a signature on a comic is bad/detrimental for the comic?

For instance if you see two identical Hulk #1 of the same grade and both are great but one is signed, the other is not....which would you choose?

Somehow for me, I just don't like seeing pen markings on a front cover.

What say you all?

Hi all, are their any of you who feels a signature on a comic is bad/detrimental for the comic?

For instance if you see two identical Hulk #1 of the same grade and both are great but one is signed, the other is not....which would you choose?

What say you all?

I tend to agree.

Not a complete deal breaker, but not an added value IMO. And if the placement is bad, then it is a negative.

Hate them on anything not modern.........Silver Age stuff, no way. It mucks up a book.

Moderns that were produced en masse? I dont collect them but it's not as big a deal.

I do think blank covers with sketches on them are pretty bad , but that's what those are specifically made for

What say you all?

I'm with you. I can't stand signatures on anything.

Moderns are like signed baseballs to me. Who cares? I am there for the signature.

I do have a couple of Silver Age books signed but I usually have a backup of the book in the same grade or slightly higher for my permanent sets.

The exception to the rule is my copy of Nick Fury Agent of Shield in a 9.2 signed by Steranko and Sinnott. Steranko is a rock star and I cannot imagine that book NOT signed.

What say you all?

lol

What say you all?

As long as my paycheck is signed, I'm good

For me it depends on who signed the book (an actors signature on a modern is pretty cool - like Scully and Mulder on an X-File book). MA and CA are great sig books. As far as SA or BA books - I don't have a preference but I personally wouldn't want to get them signed. Especially keys since so many of them have been signed.

In most cases, I prefer to have the title page signed.

I do agree though, Sterenko has a neat and often sensitive placement when signing.

I think what really helps in general is a fine tip and neutral color for the (hopefully) archival pen.

Overall, I prefer not to have my books signed, at least not on the cover.

Depends, I wouldn't mind if I got a Kirby signature if it was on the inside front page placed at the bottom. I'd probably stick it in my collection.

There's no way I would get a GA/SA/BA signed myself. Moderns I don't care as much about so it doesn't bother me.

However, God love the people who love signatures. I've definitely sold some that I got a premium for just because of who signed it.

What say you all?

I like them best on a well pressed pedigree, Marvel SA Key, lone high grader. :cloud9: