• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love for Female Marvel Characters .................because chicks rock!

55 posts in this topic

I personally like some of the early female marvel characters including several that were introduced in the mid to late silver age and throughout the bronze age. I see the popularity rise (always tied to movies / TV now unfortunately) but whenever they are picked up or included in something..........well I guess that can be said for any marvel character now.

Anways I got a list started with my personal favs but I want to make sure I haven't missed picking up a book with a key female marvel character from 1965 to 1980. I know I will miss some so please add to:

Sharon Carter (Agent 13)

Peggy Carter (Margaret)

Carol Danvers (Mrs. Marvel / Binary / Warbird)

Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird / Huntress / Agent 19)

Greer Grant (Tigra)

Gamora

Karla Sofen (Moonstone / Meteorite / Ms. Marvel)

Betsy Braddock (Psylocke)

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Melissa Joan Gold (Songbird / Screaming Mimi)

Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat)

Emma Frost (White Queen)

Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl / Phoenix II)

Pending on my top female charcter list...........

Misty Knight

Colleen Wing

Clea

Elektra

Black Cat

Dazzler

Jocasta

Mantis

Medusa

Storm

Black Widow

The art on Cat #1 by Marie Severin with wally Wood's inks is hands down my favorite Marvel girl book.

Shanna The She Devil Steranko covers.

Satana VS Sons Of Satan in Marvel Spotlight #24. Got it at a 7-11 as a kid and read it to death, still have a soft spot for it

Storm

Dazzler

Jocasta

Darkstar

Hellcat

Some people might say She Hulk but I consider her to have debuted in the Copper Age

Jennifer Kale

Topaz

Misty Knight

Valkyrie

Night Nurse

Clea

I know the marvel universe is huge so I can't blame myself for not knowing a few of these characters. After duing research I think I would pass on Topaz. Misty Knight should have been on my list along with Colleen Wing. Clea is pretty sweet but I still am not a fan of Night Nurse.

Valkyrie is too Muddy to determine which is the most prominent version out of the 3 + enchantress.

Night Nurse is awesome!

She also made her debut in 1961 as Linda Carter, Student Nurse, so the character wouldn't meet the criteria of your timeline anyway, even though Night Nurse #1 is a fantastic comic.

Linda_Carter,_Student_Nurse_Vol_1_1.jpg

She just dyed her hair for Night Nurse to get into the swinging 70's vibe. :gossip:

Would it be inappropriate for me to mention here, that DC female superheroes are vastly better than Marvel female characters? Keep in mind that I am a Marvel guy all the way.

But Supergirl and Bat Girl/Woman are much, much kooler than any Marvel female.

I can't think of a Marvel female character that appeals much to me. Perhaps Mary Jane Watson or Medusa.

Maybe a strong one will come to mind later. But none at the moment.