• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on JIM #112

31 posts in this topic

Don't understand the hate. It's valued more because the market has dictated so. Not because of any Hulk bias. lol

In reality, it's a very cool early Hulk appearance and a classic battle cover. I like it and think it's priced appropriately. It's not as expensive as a FF12 and it's a far better cover. It is NOT a blue chip book and wont ever be. It doesn't have the "keyness" factor to make it so. Great book, but not a world beater.

I prefer the FF 12 cover - the anticipation of what's going to happen in the next couple of seconds and Ayers inks - can't beat it!

I thank you for all the input. Fact remains this still is a key; albeit a minor one from 1965 that does feature the origin of Loki.

The book was not on my original want list per se as that list has been done and finalized for some time. I am merely looking to complete the collection over the next 12-24 months if not sooner.

I thank you for all the input. Fact remains this still is a key; albeit a minor one from 1965 that does feature the origin of Loki.

The book was not on my original want list per se as that list has been done and finalized for some time. I am merely looking to complete the collection over the next 12-24 months if not sooner.

GL man!!! It is a cool run for sure....I like the #112 myself (thumbs u ....I also like #103, #108, #109 :cloud9: & #114...Those are my personal top 5 JIM from #100-125!!

While I am not sure I would consider this an 'early Marvel', just looking at how many copies exist in say 9.2 (my personal 'magic grade') or higher tell me not a lot survived in higher numbers. That being said, it may be something for me to consider. I also considered JIM #1 Annual to be underappreciated as well, but a lot of collectors don't seem to like Annuals overall. Not sure why.

What's really great about this cover concerns an age old question fellow collectors and me had in the late 70s about Thor's hammer and whether Hulk could pick it up. The Hulk fans among us always argued that his strength had no limitations. But even Hulk could not hold Thor's hammer - alas, something Hulk couldn't do with his incredible strength. Brings back the memories. Great book to have and place next to TTAs 59 and 91, FFs 25 and 112, and Hulk 181.

I've been hoarding 112s and 109s for the last half dozen years or so. I've got quite a few low to mid-grade copies and a couple of 8.0+s.

Both stories are amongst my favorites.

I have never read #109 with Magneto....always wanted too. Wish I had a copy.....

I also wish they would reprint the volume one Thor Omnibus.

As for #112......great issue, should be on all Marvel comic collectors want list if they do not already own a copy! :sumo:

Don't understand the hate. It's valued more because the market has dictated so. Not because of any Hulk bias. lol

In reality, it's a very cool early Hulk appearance and a classic battle cover. I like it and think it's priced appropriately. It's not as expensive as a FF12 and it's a far better cover. It is NOT a blue chip book and wont ever be. It doesn't have the "keyness" factor to make it so. Great book, but not a world beater.

I don't get it either. I'd consider it a true 'classis cover' right along with FF #12. Both capture the early Marvel magic, both have the Hulk (one of the most popular Marvel characters), both are considered battle issues and both are good reads.

Being a long time JIM fan, #112 has always had a lot of cache with me.