• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on JIM #112

31 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Been very busy so I have not been around here as much as I would like. That being said, I never really wanted this book until I saw one and am considering it, but am still borderline.

Is this really a minor or modest key issue? I know it features a cool cover; a Hulk vs. Thor smack down, and the origin of Loki. That being said, what are the forums thoughts on this book? Is it a major book in the JIM/Thor universe?

Any thoughts are appreciated...

I hate this issue. Of course, that's mostly because I can't stand The Hulk and it's really, really annoying that I had to pay five times as much for this issue as any of the other issues around it just because it has a Hulk cover and story.

Hey Hulk fans: go drive up the prices of your own title and leave the rest of us alone please.

This is just one guy's opinion who is not even a JIM collector - but I think it's dumb that books are valued simply for a Hulk cameo.

FF #12? I don't know who started this baloney

At least JIM #112 has a classic battle cover.

This is just one guy's opinion who is not even a JIM collector - but I think it's dumb that books are valued simply for a Hulk cameo.

FF #12? I don't know who started this baloney

At least JIM #112 has a classic battle cover.

Yeah they tend to attract more interest/buyers!

Don't understand the hate. It's valued more because the market has dictated so. Not because of any Hulk bias. lol

In reality, it's a very cool early Hulk appearance and a classic battle cover. I like it and think it's priced appropriately. It's not as expensive as a FF12 and it's a far better cover. It is NOT a blue chip book and wont ever be. It doesn't have the "keyness" factor to make it so. Great book, but not a world beater.

I like my copy

C1DD96CB-77A0-485F-9326-8A9B5C9F7360_zpsaizmnbid.jpg

Not a major key, but battle issues are in demand, especially Hulk vs. Thor/Thing. I would not consider JIM 112 (Jan 65) an "early" marvel. That would be pre 63 marvels. If you have a FF12,25 then you probably want a JIM 112/Defenders 10.

Have any of you ever read this issue? A really fun story where the bombastic and colorful nature of both these heavyweights was further developed and really put on display. The story starts out with some kids debating who would win a fight between them; a debate that was probably really happening on street corners across America at the time. I think Stan and Jack did a great job of tapping into that. It's one of those stories that was really putting Marvel on a different level. You would never find a story like this at "Brand Echh". Another great-fun story that is comparable is the fight between Thor and Hercules in #126. Both books are just super-fun reads and some of Stan's best writing as far as I'm concerned. :cloud9:

yeah this comic is awesome. i have a copy also and loved reading it. I think collectors like me who just want a touch of thor in their collection will go for an issue like this because of the fight with hulk. Readers want good battles.

Have any of you ever read this issue? A really fun story where the bombastic and colorful nature of both these heavyweights was further developed and really put on display. The story starts out with some kids debating who would win a fight between them; a debate that was probably really happening on street corners across America at the time. I think Stan and Jack did a great job of tapping into that. It's one of those stories that was really putting Marvel on a different level. You would never find a story like this at "Brand Echh". Another great-fun story that is comparable is the fight between Thor and Hercules in #126. Both books are just super-fun reads and some of Stan's best writing as far as I'm concerned. :cloud9:

Yep.

Great read and a great book.

I hate this issue. Of course, that's mostly because I can't stand The Hulk and it's really, really annoying that I had to pay five times as much for this issue as any of the other issues around it just because it has a Hulk cover and story.

Hey Hulk fans: go drive up the prices of your own title and leave the rest of us alone please.

:o

hulk.gif

:o

hulk.gif

:applause: I love that scene. I collect a lot of the hulk battle covers just cause I like them. JIM 112, FF12, FF25, FF112, TTA's.