• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade Tec 50 - CGC grade update !

52 posts in this topic

I was looking recently at a GA book that looked at least 8.5 but had 1" tear on the bottom of the front cover and a 1/4" tear on the back cover. I asked a couple of opinion and the consensus was that a book with two tears will get a 6.0 top by CGC

If you are looking for a high grade copy, would you be happy with that tear?

If you are just looking for A copy, I'd make an offer consistant with the grade of 6.0. Metro probably will not accept it, but you can try.

I gave up on them after they sold my friend an Action Comic with a Batman book inside and they got huffy with him when he complained after receiving it. There was a thread, but I think it was poofed.

If you are looking for a high grade copy, would you be happy with that tear?

If you are just looking for A copy, I'd make an offer consistant with the grade of 6.0. Metro probably will not accept it, but you can try.

I gave up on them after they sold my friend an Action Comic with a Batman book inside and they got huffy with him when he complained after receiving it. There was a thread, but I think it was poofed.

Looking for a HG copy, which by definition should be just that ... and thanks so much for your input.

Really appreciate it.

I'm really trying to take an objective opinion here.

Today I saw a CGC 6.5 book that had a 1 1/2" tear on the BC, 4 color breaking creases on the FC (ranging from 3" - 1" long), and at least 8 color breaking dings on the spine. Not to mention corners that weren't sharp AND a small stain! However, it presented well for all these flaws. You really had to look for them.

With that said, I think this could be an 8.0. Overall, minus the split the book looks really nice. And yes, I know the split is there.

Metro also grades according to overstreet. CGC/Overstreet do not share similar views on many defects.

I honestly think this may be one of those books you'd have to have in hand to grade fairly.

I'm really trying to take an objective opinion here.

Today I saw a CGC 6.5 book that had a 1 1/2" tear on the BC, 4 color breaking creases on the FC (ranging from 3" - 1" long), and at least 8 color breaking dings on the spine. Not to mention corners that weren't sharp AND a small stain! However, it presented well for all these flaws. You really had to look for them.

With that said, I think this could be an 8.0. Overall, minus the split the book looks really nice. And yes, I know the split is there.

Metro also grades according to overstreet. CGC/Overstreet do not share similar views on many defects.

I honestly think this may be one of those books you'd have to have in hand to grade fairly.

...yup..... Metro's books will often have something real nice to offset a defect.... like exceptional gloss or PQ..... flatness, etc.... it's old school grading, but still popular with many. I have a 5.0 Stuntman # 2 that looks MUCH nicer but it has an inch long spine split and some waviness.... with a couple of light stains on the back. It's not as nice as the 'tec so the downgrade would be less severe..... I've seen 1/2 ' spine splits on slabbed 7.5's..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not an 8.5 in my opinion. Be careful with high grade raw metro books as they like to crack out and re-sell. If you do some detective work you might be able to find it in a slab somewhere.

That is a serious accusation. I really hope they don't do that.

+1