• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & Across the Pond Studios at Wizard World Texas

34 posts in this topic

I'm confused... why would the writer, artist, or publisher of a comic WANT it to be encased in plastic before anyone could read it? What's on the interior pages that is so off-putting or reprehensible that human eyes should not be exposed to it?

I'd be psyched if I did a book that was popular enough to have people want to collect it.

I'm confused... why would the writer, artist, or publisher of a comic WANT it to be encased in plastic before anyone could read it? What's on the interior pages that is so off-putting or reprehensible that human eyes should not be exposed to it?

I'd be psyched if I did a book that was popular enough to have people want to collect it.

Even if the reason most of those people wanted to collect it was because someone told them it was "a collectible" and not because they'd read it and considered it a classic in some sense?

Even if the reason most of those people wanted to collect it was because someone told them it was "a collectible" and not because they'd read it and considered it a classic in some sense?

If I worked on a book that was big enough for that sales pitch to actually work, I definitely wouldn't care. As is evidenced by this place, there's a collector portion of the hobby, even when it comes to new books. I would be overjoyed to be able to tap into that on some level since I know what it's like from the other side.

which is why I asked the question here - if I buy this new book pre-slabbed, do I get a reader copy with it, or what?

Didn't Ares ask that question? E-mail the guys at Across the Pond and ask them.

Are you saying you actually want a reader copy or are you just trying to stir up some stuff?

Good question...was slab damage, pressing is/isn't restoration, inconsistent grades across all ages, and/or unpublished grading criteria mentioned? If yes, it's most likely part of the full-frontal assault campaign which gets implemented at every opportunity, but if not, I suspect it would fall under the psy-ops campaign aimed at dethroning the King by undermining base customer support. gossip.gif

Or, maybe garth really does want a copy of Across the Pond Presents #1, nah!! 27_laughing.gif

I suspect it would fall under the psy-ops campaign aimed at dethroning the King by undermining base customer support. gossip.gif

The King has left the building...AND he has no clothes! gossip.gif

Maybe I've just finally realized how to negotiate these boards...? confused-smiley-013.gif

I suspect it would fall under the psy-ops campaign aimed at dethroning the King by undermining base customer support. gossip.gif

Maybe I've just finally realized how to negotiate these boards...? confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif Ok, but don't tell greggy... 893naughty-thumb.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

Ears burnin'?? 27_laughing.gif

confused.gif

Deal's off! tongue.gif

confused.gif

Ears? No. Crotch? Yes.