• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC & Across the Pond Studios at Wizard World Texas

34 posts in this topic

Just a friendly reminder - For all you guys attending Wizard World Texas, CGC has teamed with Across the Pond Studios for the release of their new title, Across the Pond Presents #1. There will be a special CGC exclusive pre-release available at Wizard World Texas (Nov 5-7). A "Special Edition" (limited to 500 copies) version of the book will be sold to convention attendees. Sixty of these books will carry the CGC logo and be specially numbered and CGC certified (see image below), and will be a convention exclusive packed with a limited edition "Metal Locus" print signed by artist Sergio Cariello. As a bonus, CGC is also hosting signings of some of Across the Ponds Studios' talented creators. Below is a schedule of appearances at the CGC both (#418) by the creators and artists from Across the Pond that will be signing.

Friday & Saturday - 2:00-3:00

Richie Blackmon - writer, Necro City Chronicles

Keith Champagne - writer, Metal Locus

Friday & Saturday - 3:00-4:00

Mitch Byrd - artist, Necro City Chronicles

Scott Parker - writer, Necro City Chronicles

Drew Edwards - writer, Halloween Man

So, for anybody that will be at Wizard World Texas, stop by the CGC booth and get your Across the Pond books signed. And for those of you who aren't familiar with Across the Pond Studios, stop by their booth at the show or check them out at www.AcrossthePondStudios.com, you won't be disappointed!

634447-ACROSSTHEPONDPRE.jpg

634447-ACROSSTHEPONDPRE.jpg.a205478b2467b8ad860cb26137f91746.jpg

I'm confused... why would the writer, artist, or publisher of a comic WANT it to be encased in plastic before anyone could read it? What's on the interior pages that is so off-putting or reprehensible that human eyes should not be exposed to it?

Are the pages of the "limited edition" copies BLANK ?

I'm confused... why would the writer, artist, or publisher of a comic WANT it to be encased in plastic before anyone could read it? What's on the interior pages that is so off-putting or reprehensible that human eyes should not be exposed to it?

Are the pages of the "limited edition" copies BLANK ?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Only your copies, Garth. tongue.gif Of course you don't read new books anyway, as I recall (and I could be wrong).

You could get the regular edition. You can get the certified edition. It is your choice and if a publisher (or a creator) wants to offer that choice to their fans then good for them. They would not do it if there was no market for it. You do not have to buy it or support it.

You also do not have to make others feel inferior for buying it. To each his own, I think, but you seem to feel otherwise.

Do they get a readers copy along with slab

No, but I'm sure they'll have the regular #1's available for sale at their booth, along with their Wizard World Texas exclusive #1's that are not the CGC Variants.

Only your copies, Garth. tongue.gif Of course you don't read new books anyway, as I recall (and I could be wrong).

You could get the regular edition. You can get the certified edition. It is your choice and if a publisher (or a creator) wants to offer that choice to their fans then good for them. They would not do it if there was no market for it. You do not have to buy it or support it.

You also do not have to make others feel inferior for buying it. To each his own, I think, but you seem to feel otherwise.

893blahblah.gif

Actually, your boss gave me a copy of Preacher #1 awhile back, and it was quite a fun read, which is why I asked the question here - if I buy this new book pre-slabbed, do I get a reader copy with it, or what?

If my posing questions makes you feel inferior, Paul, I apologize profusely. I've not gotten the impression from other board regulars that my questions have the power or influence to make them feel inferior, but maybe the Darths and Banners of the world are just trying to not hurt my feelings?

On the other hand, one could certainly surmise from past CGC advertising that one should feel inferior for buying raw books...?

893blahblah.gif

Actually, your boss gave me a copy of Preacher #1 awhile back, and it was quite a fun read, which is why I asked the question here - if I buy this new book pre-slabbed, do I get a reader copy with it, or what?

If my posing questions makes you feel inferior, Paul, I apologize profusely. I've not gotten the impression from other board regulars that my questions have the power or influence to make them feel inferior, but maybe the Darths and Banners of the world are just trying to not hurt my feelings?

On the other hand, one could certainly surmise from past CGC advertising that one should feel inferior for buying raw books...?

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

893blahblah.gif

As I walk through

This wicked world

Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I ask myself

Is all hope lost?

Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,

There's one thing I wanna know:

What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh

What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?

And as I walked on

Through troubled times

My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes

So where are the strong

And who are the trusted?

And where is the harmony?

Sweet harmony.

'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry.

So where are the strong?

And who are the trusted?

Sweet harmony.

893blahblah.gif

As I walk through

This wicked world

Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I ask myself

Is all hope lost?

Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,

There's one thing I wanna know:

And as I walked on

Through troubled times

My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes

So where are the strong

And who are the trusted?

Sweet harmony.

So where are the strong?

And who are the trusted?

Sweet harmony.

Scott, you rule. All hail Costello headbang.gif

which is why I asked the question here - if I buy this new book pre-slabbed, do I get a reader copy with it, or what?

Didn't Ares ask that question? E-mail the guys at Across the Pond and ask them.

Are you saying you actually want a reader copy or are you just trying to stir up some stuff?

If you want to read it you can take it out of the slab. I do it all the time. I can show you how if you want.

I've not gotten the impression from other board regulars that my questions have the power or influence to make them feel inferior, but maybe the Darths and Banners of the world are just trying to not hurt my feelings?

confused-smiley-013.gif At this point, I realize that if there is a market, someone will find a way to tap into it and make it readily available. The publisher, artist, etc. know that sales can be made so they'll cater to as wide an audience as possible. If the response does not meet expectation, then they'll think twice before repeating this same tactic. With new books, usuall the pattern is that the books are sold off the shelf and the prerelease hype and buzz is validated by enthusiastic fan response. Dealers then scramble to find high grade copies to slab and sell as there is a small (but growing IMO) market who want the best copies around to keep in their collection. Dealers are also competing amongst themselves to be the first to get their copies to market.

This venture just seems to jump ahead to that post-"validation" stage and has the slabs already for those who may want such an item and at the same time beating dealers at ther own game.