• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, speaking of the USPS...

7 posts in this topic

...what the deuce!!?!??!!

I sent in two batches of comics to be graded by the CGC (they grade comics). I submitted them on 12/26, and the CGC shipped them back on 1/10. Two packages from the CGC to me, both shipped on the same day. The first package arrived at my office on the 15th, all sweet and pretty. The second package did not.

So, you know, whatever, the USPS is not exactly 100% reliable, so I figured maybe it'd show up the next day or something. But of course it didn't. So, I checked out the tracking info, and it said "Available for Pickup." What does that mean? Nothing about any failed (or successful) delivery attempts, just "Available for Pickup." :shrug: So, I figured it was in some holding facility, and the USPS dude would come pick it up and deliver it. Like, to the address it was sent to. But nope, nothing happened.

Anyway, I called USPS this morning, and m'man is like, "Yep, you can come by and pick it up." :whatthe: I asked if they intended to complete the delivery, and homeboy said no. I asked why and he didn't know. No attempts to deliver!! No email notifications. I called the CGC right after to see if they'd been notified of any problems, but they got squat.

So, what the *spoon* is up with that? Is it now at USPS' discretion whether they actually deliver stuff to, like, addresses and whatnot? :facepalm:

I sent in two batches of comics to be graded by the CGC (they grade comics). I submitted them on 12/26, and the CGC shipped them back on 1/10. Two packages from the CGC to me, both shipped on the same day. The first package arrived at my office on the 15th, all sweet and pretty. The second package did not.

So, you know, whatever, the USPS is not exactly 100% reliable, so I figured maybe it'd show up the next day or something. But of course it didn't. So, I checked out the tracking info, and it said "Available for Pickup." What does that mean? Nothing about any failed (or successful) delivery attempts, just "Available for Pickup." :shrug: So, I figured it was in some holding facility, and the USPS dude would come pick it up and deliver it. Like, to the address it was sent to. But nope, nothing happened.

Anyway, I called USPS this morning, and m'man is like, "Yep, you can come by and pick it up." :whatthe: I asked if they intended to complete the delivery, and homeboy said no. I asked why and he didn't know. No attempts to deliver!! No email notifications. I called the CGC right after to see if they'd been notified of any problems, but they got squat.

So, what the *spoon* is up with that? Is it now at USPS' discretion whether they actually deliver stuff to, like, addresses and whatnot? :facepalm:

Our current mailman is great but before him we had a guy who never attempted to deliver anything. He would just put the failed delivery card (or whatever it's called) in the mailbox and drive off, leaving you to pick up the package at the PO the next day. Presumably, he was too lazy to get out of the truck and walk up the front door and ring the bell.

He only lasted a couple of months. I assume that eventually the people at the PO asked him, "What the hell is with all these packages?! Is nobody on your route ever home?" :D

Our current mailman is great but before him we had a guy who never attempted to deliver anything. He would just put the failed delivery card (or whatever it's called) in the mailbox and drive off, leaving you to pick up the package at the PO the next day. Presumably, he was too lazy to get out of the truck and walk up the front door and ring the bell.

He only lasted a couple of months. I assume that eventually the people at the PO asked him, "What the hell is with all these packages?! Is nobody on your route ever home?" :D

First of all, yeesh!! Second, I don't think my guys even went that far. They saw the package and were like, "*Spoon* it, let him come get it himself!!"

Is there a value difference? I've had to pick up packages at the post office if I wasn't home to sign for something that required a signature.

DG

Yep, I've had that happen too. Happens all the time with amazon.com packages these days. But I've never heard of them not even attempting to deliver.