• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trying to id a comic.

18 posts in this topic

First post here! So, here is my querry.

I have a comic from the Golden Age, but it is coverless. The stories inside are

Black Terror

The Fighting Yank

Pyroman

Doc Strange

In that order.

I know that it's probably by AC (?) comics, but I would think that it is probably an Exciting Comics issue. I haven't been able to confirm or deny this, Could anyone give me some confirmation or dispel this thinking?

Could it be America's Best Comics #12

ABC is a good guess since Doc Strange was in Thrilling, The black Terror was in Exciting and The Fighting Yank was in Startling and I don't know how often they appeared in the other books.

Based on the page count, this would be anywhere between Issue 9 and 14.

Considering the lineup, it could only be Issue 13, April 45 as Keltner Index is the only one with these 4 heroes in any issue in that range.

The GCD list the story title as follows for a final check:

Fighting Yank in The Blinding Light

Pyroman in The Radio Activator

Doc Strange in The Miner

+ the GCD confirms the story order you mentioned: BT, FY, P and DS.

Let us know if the story titles match.

Stories in order

Black Terror: Car Gang

1 page The Joke's on Youth

Night Trail by Charles Stoddard- 1 page story

The Fighting Yank- closing days of WWII Japanese story

Prospector's Gold by Gerald Devers- 1 page story

Pyroman- 2 master criminals

Deep Purple by Robert Miles Browder- 1 page story

Doc Strange: Experiments in Spectrology

that's the stories, and what not to the best of my abilities. they don't have any banners or anything telling what they are.

that's the stories, and what not to the best of my abilities. they don't have any banners or anything telling what they are.

Are you saying that those aren't actual titles, but descriptions of the stories? I checked every issue of America's Best Comics on www. comics. org, and none of those titles appear, except for "The Jokes on Youth", a one-page humor story that appeared in issues 20-22, but that seems quite late for the The Fighting Yank WW2 story that you mentioned. It may be that the info on www.comics.org is incomplete and "The Jokes on Youth" appeared in other issues.