• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keeping Track of Your Collection

48 posts in this topic

I wanted to get a feel of how everyone tracks their collection? Spreadsheets, software, all in the head, paper and pencil?

Any recommendations on what to use and what to stay away from?

Personally, I currently use "Comic Collector." Unfortunately it was not free, but I do find it beneficial as it keeps everything in order even when my collection isn't. Also neat how it gives you pie charts and graphs breaking down the collection to titles, characters, etc.

I tend to forget what issues I have regarding moderns so this helps me to not buy many duplicates.

I personally have never been that organized with my books. I don't think I would ever have the patience to manually type in every single title, so I gotta hand it to anyone who uses a spreadsheet or something similar to organize their books. Besides, I actually enjoy browsing through my collection every so often only to say, "Hey! I forgot I had this one!".

I just started a major sort of my books.

All my silver and gold raw are now in three short boxes with the keys pulled out into another short box.

I have about 70 slabbed books. Most are in their own individual boxes that are labeled and on a shelf. The rest fill about half a cgc sized short box.

I'm going to make an excel for my silver/gold raw books and for my slabbed books.

After that...I tackle my modern books....be afraid...very afraid...