• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Nabisco hits insane raw price

107 posts in this topic

I have a feeling he'll have more auctions for this book, but i can guarantee that you do not want to buy a raw one of these from ANYONE for $900. A reasonable price for one of Flannery's from past sales and my experience is $80 - $125. His mention of NM 9.4 and MInt 9.9 or NM/MT 9.8 is a hype job. If you buy based on this and it comes back from CGc at a 9.0 or 9.2 then he has an out, by claiming that grading is subjective and that you should be happy that his grade was as close to the CGc grade as it was. But at least you can live with a $125 mistake/overgrade than a $900 one.

No, the $900 price was for a graded CGC 9.8 with white pages. I wouldnt pay more than $125 for a raw issue myself. I have bought 2 ungraded and 1 came back cgc 9.6 and the other 9.2 as i recall (both sold on ebay). But, if you are in a quest to find a raw nabisco variant that grades any higher than 9.6 I say "good luck". Your most economical route with this one, given how hard they are to find in decent grade will be to purchase one already graded by CGC at the grade you want if you are willing to come off some coin. I think 9.4 and 9.6 of this issue is a solid buy if it can be afforded.

Again, why is no one saying where they bought their 9.6s and 9.4s even the 9.2s All of which are nm-mint copies. WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THEIRS???? :makepoint :makepoint.gif

I really want one in 9.4-9.6 and if you all think I should be able to get one Please tell me where I can do so.

I thought I had it bad for that book but you are taking it to obnoxious levels. Take it easy!

I want to get one and I do not want to pay like yesterday's "winner". I agree , flannery will probably put up one by the weekend, he usually does. With that kind of price, some more copies will shake out of the trees I am sure. You all have said that flannery has been selling them for years. There must be some sellers out there.

I told you what I got from flannery confused-smiley-013.gif 5 copies = CGC 9.2, CGC 9.2, CGc 8.5, and two fine 6.0 copies

My 9.6 came from a complete wolverine collection I picked up from a collector selling runs. This variant was included in the set raw.

we've given all you need to know. Right now flannery is the only one out there with them available. Offer him $300 to pickou t what he thinks is a 9.4 - 9.6; watch him come back and tell you that he can do it but for $800 because that's what he thinks they are worth and will point to the recent $900 anomaly. He is a seller. He knows what he's got and will not let you make money by leaving some on the table for you. If you buy from him, you will have to pay for it. You won't be flipping it for profit anytime soon. foreheadslap.gif

I've been looking for one too but there is no way I would pay top dollar CGC price for a Raw book 893whatthe.gif I'm looking for one for 100.00 (give or take on condition) but would like it around 6.0 - 9.0. Now I'm sure people will ask double what the going price is for this issue since some person had more money then they knew what to do with it.

I told you what I got from flannery confused-smiley-013.gif 5 copies = CGC 9.2, CGC 9.2, CGc 8.5, and two fine 6.0 copies

My 9.6 came from a complete wolverine collection I picked up from a collector selling runs. This variant was included in the set raw.

we've given all you need to know. Right now flannery is the only one out there with them available. Offer him $300 to pickou t what he thinks is a 9.4 - 9.6; watch him come back and tell you that he can do it but for $800 because that's what he thinks they are worth and will point to the recent $900 anomaly. He is a seller. He knows what he's got and will not let you make money by leaving some on the table for you. If you buy from him, you will have to pay for it. You won't be flipping it for profit anytime soon. foreheadslap.gif

Ya leave the modern flipping to Darth and people who know what they're doing or you might get flamed.gif

popcorn.gif

I bought two copies from Dave off ebay and one graded 9.4 the other 9.6

You could get lucky and get a 9.8, i noticed 4 on census and I would bet more than one came from flannery.

How much do ya think a 9.8 would go for (given what these guys pay for texas variant and this new #20 sketch smetch they are trying to sell)?

Well you know that you can't trust his auction descriptions. His latest auction states that the scan is of the actual comic that you will be getting (his last one said the same). If you notice though... the scans from the two different auctions are of the exact same book. You can tell from the stress marks on the back cover and from the spot above the M in Marvel.

Link to old Auction

Newest auction link

Truth in advertising... not there...