• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Nabisco hits insane raw price

107 posts in this topic

No, that is NOT the same comic as before . He simply took down the old picture and replaced the image with the new book. Look at the description of the book according to you guys before. You said it had five stress lines and now I see only 3 or so . The dot that was on the top right is not there either. As to the description, he discusses the previous sale so he has changed or updated the info. That is a common practice on ebay for pictures to come down so that storage of images can be freed.

I do agree that the bottom corner is blunted but the spine looks OK. I give it 9.4- 9.6. What do you guys think? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No, that is NOT the same comic as before . He simply took down the old picture and replaced the image with the new book. Look at the description of the book according to you guys before. You said it had five stress lines and now I see only 3 or so . The dot that was on the top right is not there either.

Go back and read what I wrote on the first page of this thread... I mentioned the spot above the M in marvel... I wrote that wrong... it should have been that it was a spot about the Marvel logo. You can still see it in the new auction. It's at the top of the R in marvel. I promise you that this is the same scan from the previous auction. As to the stress lines... there are five that I see in the scan on the new auction... 3 are color breaking and 2 are not (still counts as a defect in the CGC world). I just got my latest Nabisco back at a 9.6 and it doesn't have the defects that his does confused-smiley-013.gif

I got it from fellow forum user Beelzabub. I don't know if he has any more. I am going to sell it, but I haven't figured out a price yet confused-smiley-013.gif but just as a teaser... here's mine....

wolcgc.jpg

This cover reminds me of the Ghost Rider glow-in-the-dark skull cover. I imagine the Wolverine cover will be just as hot and sought after in 10 years as the Ghost Rider cover is nowadays. tonofbricks.gif

I got it from fellow forum user Beelzabub. I don't know if he has any more. I am going to sell it, but I haven't figured out a price yet confused-smiley-013.gif but just as a teaser... here's mine....

wolcgc.jpg

This cover reminds me of the Ghost Rider glow-in-the-dark skull cover. I imagine the Wolverine cover will be just as hot and sought after in 10 years as the Ghost Rider cover is nowadays. tonofbricks.gif

You compare this wolverine very rare gorgeous cover/semi-key comic with an wanabee speculative product of the 90's?!?! 893whatthe.gifinsane.giftonofbricks.gif

If within 10 years you have one or more comics of the nabisco varaint fell free to send me... 27_laughing.gifpopcorn.gif

Flannery's copy is now at $195.00 with a full day to go. Is it going to go up to the $800.00 mark again? I can't afford to bid on it if it does. I figure that $250.00 -$300.00 is a fair price. for that book. Does anyone want to sell their 9.6-9.8 at $300.00? takeit.gifyay.gifhail.gif

I guess I won't be buying one anytime soon. I thought you guys said it was not worth more than 100-250. I could say that you are off the mark a little when it goes three times for close to a grand.... or now over it. Why doesn't someone else have any for sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

When is the next one coming up for sale? juggle.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey, with all of the sniping that you said about Flannery and his marketing of his books, are you going to say 'Thanks for the hyping of the Nabisco" to him. He sure made you some money tonight! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gifstooges.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifboo.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

I want the book my self but I'm not going to gamble a 1000.00 on it saying that it will out do some SA/GA key issues 10 years from now 893naughty-thumb.gif I'm taking my 1000.00 and gambling it on: "House of Secrets 92", Hulk 181, Marvel Preview # 5 and FF # 48 sometime around this January. Now if that Nabisco out does those books in 10 years I will take my hat off to it smirk.gif I know the Marvel preview will suck but it's for my personal collection and not an investment book. Although I'm sure 10 years from now it will out do a Nabisco or atleast give it a run for it's money smile.gif Also I'm not a HG buyer so this should allow me to buy those books on a grand 893crossfingers-thumb.gif Just my .02 of cr_p grin.gif

I guess I won't be buying one anytime soon. I thought you guys said it was not worth more than 100-250. I could say that you are off the mark a little when it goes three times for close to a grand.... or now over it. Why doesn't someone else have any for sale? confused-smiley-013.gif

When is the next one coming up for sale? juggle.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Theres always a difference between what its worth and what some insufficiently_thoughtful_person is willing to pay for it.... 10_5_133.gif