• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONKEES CONVENTION 2014! March 15, 2014 Rare Mike Nesmith Appearance.

19 posts in this topic

Hi Gang.

I normally do private opps but this is a rare opportunity I wanted to put out to the general SS public.

I am facilitating for a limited number of signatures at the 2014 Monkees Convention on March 14-16, 2014 in New Jersey.

Here's a LINK TO THE GUEST LIST!

Some cool guests including Micky Dolenz, Ami Dolenz, Butch Patrick, Larry Storch, etc. but the big get this year is a very rare appearance by Mike Nesmith! I wasn't going to miss this chance.

I will need books in hand by March 1st and I can provide all details and prices to anyone that's interested via PM.

I'm only looking to take on on extra 15 to 20 books so it will be "first come, first served".

Best,

Chris

You should ask Mike Nesmith to sign in Liquid Paper. :insane:

lol

I wonder if he'd play along.

A white paint pen on the dark background would be hilarious.

Seen these guys a few years ago when Davey Jones was alive. Probably six months before his death. They were damn good and put on a great show. They cared about their fans. They weren't just showing up for a quick paycheck.

I have seen some other groups from the same era that didn`t give a mess about their fans, and were phoning it with their performance.

The Monkees were quite the opposite of that.

Ever since then I had new found respect for them.

Seen these guys a few years ago when Davey Jones was alive. Probably six months before his death. They were damn good and put on a great show. They cared about their fans. They weren't just showing up for a quick paycheck.

I have seen some other groups from the same era that didn`t give a mess about their fans, and were phoning it with their performance.

The Monkees were quite the opposite of that.

Ever since then I had new found respect for them.

Really nice to hear this. Thanks for sharing. (thumbs u

Ok...10 days left before I need subs in hand.

I still have room for 3-4 books, so PM me with questions and I will try to fit in your requests. This is shaping up to be a pretty rare signature opportunity.

Thanks

The show is off and running!!

monkeemobile_zps829b1d13.jpg

The most exciting news is Peter Tork was a last minute addition!!

All three living band members in one place at one time!!

The Monkees Convention was a complete success.

100% of all requested sigs were acquired thanks to one incredibly talented and selfless CAW.

Mike Nesmith fell in love with the original Dell Monkees comics as they were put in front of him. He mentioned it was the first time he had ever seen them or been asked to sign them.

This show will result in the only CGC SS Monkees books with all three of the surviving band members.

Nesmith_zps90342cdf.jpg

I wish I would have never sold my Jimi Hendrix/Monkees ticket stub from 1967. Hendrix was the opening act. It was for the last show he did with the group before walking off the tour. That's as rare as a All American 16 (just not as valuable :)

The Monkees Convention was a complete success.

100% of all requested sigs were acquired thanks to one incredibly talented and selfless CAW.

Mike Nesmith fell in love with the original Dell Monkees comics as they were put in front of him. He mentioned it was the first time he had ever seen them or been asked to sign them.

This show will result in the only CGC SS Monkees books with all three of the surviving band members.

Nesmith_zps90342cdf.jpg

That CAW is also dead sexy, and not afraid to Skype or FaceTime you at midnight.