• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What could possibly go wrong, wants to trade ammo for comic books

49 posts in this topic

*moved from the LTPC*

No, it's a semi-automatic, and you load the bullets through the butt of the stock. Like I said, I think it's sorta old, early 1900s or so.

OK - I'm losing interest, and feel like your just jerking me along. This is my last guess:

I'll leave the rest of actually searching the internet (which you appear to do 24/7) up to you.

I wasn't trying to lead you along. I don't have the gun in front of me, I will have to contact someone for the info. I have told you what I know from my memory, I will give you all the details when I get them.

That pic sorta looks like it, I remember the stock looking a lot like that. IDK if the gun comes apart like that though.

I'll be back! :ohnoez:

-slym

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me as long as he's offering a good amount for some "worthwhile" comics.

Every time I want to go shoot my S&W .357 magnum, it costs me about $25 for 50 rounds and about $40 for 100 rounds. Very expensive since it only takes about 20-30 minutes to shoot 50 rounds.

Also, I mostly want to put .38 special + P 25 grain through it, but it's almost impossible to find the exact rounds you are looking for anymore. I live in the cowboy capital of the world and it's hard to find ammo. I can't imagine how difficult it is in less gun friendly places.

Also, what's wrong with .22 short? I have a great over/under gun that's .22 short on top and .410 shot on bottom and it's a great gun. I prefer .22 long, but nothing wrong with it.

That sounds like great home protection right there!

riflev.gif

-slym

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me as long as he's offering a good amount for some "worthwhile" comics.

Every time I want to go shoot my S&W .357 magnum, it costs me about $25 for 50 rounds and about $40 for 100 rounds. Very expensive since it only takes about 20-30 minutes to shoot 50 rounds.

Also, I mostly want to put .38 special + P 25 grain through it, but it's almost impossible to find the exact rounds you are looking for anymore. I live in the cowboy capital of the world and it's hard to find ammo. I can't imagine how difficult it is in less gun friendly places.

Also, what's wrong with .22 short? I have a great over/under gun that's .22 short on top and .410 shot on bottom and it's a great gun. I prefer .22 long, but nothing wrong with it.

That sounds like great home protection right there!

riflev.gif

-slym

lol

Mostly just for fun. My buddy lives out in the country and I go out usually once a week and we shoot every gun we have. Shooting glass bottles with a shotgun is insanely satisfying.

If I really wanted home protection, I would keep .357 ammo in my .357 magnum. That ammo is too tough to be fun to shoot though.

Also, my father in law is the real gun nut. He's got the AR15 and the AK47 to shoot. So much fun. Also he has a great 1920's shotgun that feels like it's torn your shoulder out of it's socket.

*moved from the LTPC*

No, it's a semi-automatic, and you load the bullets through the butt of the stock. Like I said, I think it's sorta old, early 1900s or so.

OK - I'm losing interest, and feel like your just jerking me along. This is my last guess:

I'll leave the rest of actually searching the internet (which you appear to do 24/7) up to you.

I wasn't trying to lead you along. I don't have the gun in front of me, I will have to contact someone for the info. I have told you what I know from my memory, I will give you all the details when I get them.

That pic sorta looks like it, I remember the stock looking a lot like that. IDK if the gun comes apart like that though.

I'll be back! :ohnoez:

-slym

No, that's ok - I thought you were interested in it. Sorry.

I have a Remington Speedmaster and it shoots any size .22 caliber. You can even mix and match if you want. I believe it is the only gun that will do that.

I have never actually fired it yet. Bought it online a couple of months ago and just put it away, after cleaning it.

I now own four rifles. At this time last year, I only owned one. Sort of collecting them now. Not much into shooting them, but I figure they will only go up in value. I don't own a shotgun yet. Probably never will.

I also pick up ammo whenever I come across it for going rate. 308, 22, 25, 9 mm and 7.62.

It is tough to find .22's. But it is getting better lately.

Bought a Mosin-Nagant last fall. Kind of cool collectible, and really cheap. It is a WW II rifle, in excellent condition. Shoots 7.62 ammo and only cost $129.00 at a gun shop. It came with the original cleaning kit and an original bayonet also. Cheapest rifle around. There are tons of these "out there". Mine will never be rare, although some models are. There are dozens and dozens of different models, from different countries. Very accurate rifle, even without a scope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosin%E2%80%93Nagant

I'd gladly trade a few comics for .22 LR if the prices were reasonable. Around here the going rate is about $75 a brick, and the gun shops clean out any stores before the ammo hits the shelves then mark it up. I long for the days of the $9.99 brick :(

Oh, too late! I got the info, at least, this is what they gave me - it's a Model 74 Winchester Repeating Arms in .22 Short. They said they looked but could not find a date, only the number 5779 stamped into the barrel.

Here's some pics I found on the web:

x0230.jpg

09-01-10-09-Winchester-model-74.jpg

-slym

Have you seen the price of ammo? I used to get a case of 7.62x39 for $80 now it's around $350.... Same with 223.

It's unbelievable, 22LR around here is insane I can shoot the 9 and 40 almost as cheap. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would have to hunt for 22shells but if you aren't there when the truck arrives they are gone in minutes :cry:

.22lr prices are pretty insane around my neck of the woods too, but the biggest issue is just finding it in stock. 9mm and .45acp are starting to make it back onto the shelves, but .22lr is still scarce. I can reload for 9mm, .38spl/.357mag, 10mm/40S&W, and .45acp if factory ammo is not available, but completely out of luck when it comes to .22lr and that's what I shoot the most.

Primers are getting in short supply around here. I'm thankful I had a pretty good supply of those. I really wished I had a nice stock of 22LR guys around here get in line purchase all they can ,and take them to the Pawn shop and sell them for a profit

You guys are preaching to the choir! I'm having a hard time finding ammo for my disc gun. My local ammo guy only seems to carry the green discs, but they just don't fly as true as the reds. He tells me it's all in my head, but I know my mess when it comes to plastic children's toys.

disc-gun.jpg

:cloud9: Star Trek phasers - we used to have several when I was kid, and my brother and I would have fights in the house....,

And now look at ya......searching everywhere for bigger and bigger ammo....willing to part with your prized comics to just get another fix.

I always knew plastic discs were a gateway ammo.

Oh, too late! I got the info, at least, this is what they gave me - it's a Model 74 Winchester Repeating Arms in .22 Short. They said they looked but could not find a date, only the number 5779 stamped into the barrel.

Here's some pics I found on the web:

x0230.jpg

09-01-10-09-Winchester-model-74.jpg

-slym

Cool! :thumbsup: