• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Bronze keys?

339 posts in this topic

How about those DC Survey books? They hardly ever turn up.

For those unfamiliar with them, there are a very small number of 35 cent DC comics that have a survey stapled in the centerfold. I assume some were ripped out and filled in, but there seem to less of these than the 30 cent Marvel test issues, as far as I can tell.

What type of questions were asked?

I think the first appearances of Power Girl and Huntress are both still undervalued. While I'm sure there was some speculation on these when they came out, my impression is that they weren't speculated on nearly as much as comparable Marvel books like Ms. Marvel #1 and She-Hulk #1.

AS 58 took a huge spike several years ago. I'm not sure how much growth it has, absent (sorry about saying it again) TV/movie hype. The DC Special book is a good call.

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

Is that all reprints?

Yeah, The Zatana story is an Adventure Comics reprint, so probably no real potential there.

That's a great cover and tough in high grade.

Isn't DC 100-page Super Spectacular 4 all reprints, but the cover is the winner, right?

I always see a high priced one on mycomicshop but I don't know anything about them.

Naively, I'd equate them to something like Mark Jewelers...

How do you know they are that rare?

I don't. I do know I have examined or asked eBay sellers about hundreds of books from that month and have yet to find one.

DC SPECIAL SERIES #21

1st Frank Miller Batman

This one. Super hard to find in grade. not a single 9.8 on census and very low population numbers.

Sorry to say, but all the recent speculator activity is on movie/TV-tie-ins, and that's it.

Yes so that is why this one remains undervalued.

True...

How about those DC Survey books? They hardly ever turn up.

For those unfamiliar with them, there are a very small number of 35 cent DC comics that have a survey stapled in the centerfold. I assume some were ripped out and filled in, but there seem to less of these than the 30 cent Marvel test issues, as far as I can tell.

shad, but they are DCs and you know the Zombies don't collect DCs - they were potentially ripping out the surveys in their youth and responding, "DC You :censored:"

I have seen a few of them and its really hard to know you have one, less conspicuous than the MJ Inserts.

I think the first appearances of Power Girl and Huntress are both still undervalued. While I'm sure there was some speculation on these when they came out, my impression is that they weren't speculated on nearly as much as comparable Marvel books like Ms. Marvel #1 and She-Hulk #1.

AS 58 took a huge spike several years ago. I'm not sure how much growth it has, absent (sorry about saying it again) TV/movie hype. The DC Special book is a good call.

I agree.

How about this one?

DCSuperstars11.jpg

Is that all reprints?

Yeah, The Zatana story is an Adventure Comics reprint, so probably no real potential there.

That's a great cover and tough in high grade.

Isn't DC 100-page Super Spectacular 4 all reprints, but the cover is the winner, right?

Yes and right now on Heritage its a 5,000 + Winner. :o

I still think all the books in the Sword and Sorcery genre are undervalued compared to their traditional, superhero counterparts. Can't believe how easily I was able to gather up all the early Barry Smith Conans compared to my Neal Adams Bats.

I regularly pick up Conans under guide at about every convention I've ever gone to. Even early issues in high grade, it just takes a little searching.

Neal Adams Bats are a little more difficult, used to be easier 10 years ago.

Now quite tough.

I regularly pick up Conans under guide at about every convention I've ever gone to. Even early issues in high grade, it just takes a little searching.

Really? I was intensely interested in the BWS run when I was a teenager. I just assumed, based on the prices for 9.0+ copies of #1 that they were all expensive.

Not that I need another title to collect....

Really? I was intensely interested in the BWS run when I was a teenager. I just assumed, based on the prices for 9.0+ copies of #1 that they were all expensive.

Not that I need another title to collect....

Well, I am not a high grade guy. But I just bought 5 BWS issues of Conan off ebay earlier tonight in low/mid grade for the whopping price of $14.50 - which is including $6 shipping.

I agree that BWS Conans are way undervalued. I suppose the supply is just too big for the demand, as Conan was a very popular book in its day but is extremely niche now.

This is why I rarely post on these boards is because of people like 'Joe Collector'.

Boo hoo hoo

The guy was talking out of his butt, and lots of people called him on it, I just did it "my way".

'Boo hoo' is right as you're the one I feel sorry for with those self-esteem issues in resorting to bullying & mocking Fantastic Fan & constantly needing to tout your posting totals. Defecating into a toilet constantly doesn't make one an expert in plumbing either.

Thanks to these boards I can now pick through my long saved collection and figure out what I have that is actually worth a few bucks. I dug through my boxes and found these two I bought off the stands. These aren't perfect by any means but both present pretty nice. Anyone think they are worth submitting for slabbing?

144840.jpg.cc46c3f73c2291636860fdd080539c17.jpg

144841.jpg.1cbe11a4534a0e62f034848ff01c84d1.jpg

'Boo hoo' is right as you're the one I feel sorry for with those self-esteem issues in resorting to bullying & mocking Fantastic Fan

If you don't want to get laughed at, stop posting stupid stuff. :applause:

lol I'm with JC--any adult who complains about being bullied or about another adult being bullied should just pack it in. Pathetic.

Thanks to these boards I can now pick through my long saved collection and figure out what I have that is actually worth a few bucks. I dug through my boxes and found these two I bought off the stands. These aren't perfect by any means but both present pretty nice. Anyone think they are worth submitting for slabbing?

Love those books.

Awesome, always love to see books that are OO. Very cool.

the no 11 isn't really worth subbing even in 9.8. The 17 might be worth a shot if you think it can go 9.4 or higher. I haven't perused the scans so can't say whether it would.

If you do submit. Post some pre-scans in the PGM thread and update when the grade comes back.