• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SFilosa--YOU'RE VERY LUCKY!!!

110 posts in this topic

This auction is NOT the result of a dipping market:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=2280692034&rd=1

E-Bay's bidding server was down during the last few minutes of this auction. Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

That's exactly what I PM'd him with right after it ended. I was set to go 1000 on it. Ebay is slowly creeping up my list of things that I hate.

I had typed 888 and ebay wouldn't take it, so that would've brought it up to at least around $900 with you beating me out...

When I have the book in my hand, I will agree that I was lucky. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm the one that bought the last Avengers #11 CGC 9.4 on eBay, for $1,000. I had a cash / trade deal done before the book was in my hand.

The funny thing is that the book I really wanted was the TTA #57 CGC 9.4 from the same seller. In that case, my internet connection was too slow and I didn't get a last minute snipe in. And the winner of that book was the person I made the last Avenger #11 deal with.

Once again, once I have the book in hand, I'll believe it.

This auction is NOT the result of a dipping market:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=2280692034&rd=1

E-Bay's bidding server was down during the last few minutes of this auction. Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

wow - what a steal!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

i wonder if Murph got the TTA #57 that Sfilosa wanted???? ( they both have expressed a keen interest in that book recently). wink.gif

Nope, I still need one. The one you're referring to was badly off-centered and the price was just about at the "going rate". While the Avengers 11 was off-center, I could've lived with it for one grand (until I found a centered copy, which has proven extremely difficult).

Brian

Nope, I still need one. The one you're referring to was badly off-centered and the price was just about at the "going rate". While the Avengers 11 was off-center, I could've lived with it for one grand (until I found a centered copy, which has proven extremely difficult).

Brian

well that sure was a shi**y scan that was included in the auction. but the $909 for an ow/w 9.4 seems well less than the going rate. the other 5 copies of this book that have sold have averaged about $1125 (and that includes a Green River sale for only $820 almost 2 years ago.

i'd say the buyer (007) got himself a real sweet deal. i wonder if there was a problem with Ebay on this one, as well??

oh well, maybe Captain Tripps' PC copy will be priced under $2000...... grin.gif

i'd say the buyer (007) got himself a real sweet deal. i wonder if there was a problem with Ebay on this one, as well??

oh well, maybe Captain Tripps' PC copy will be priced under $2000......

I tried to bid at the last minute but my internet was slow on the TTA. I still would have bid less than a grand as I have spent WAY TOO MUCH the past few months.

If Doug's copy is a 9.4, it should be priced way under $2K. If it's a 9.6, it won't be.

oh well, maybe Captain Tripps' PC copy will be priced under $2000......

I tried to bid at the last minute but my internet was slow on the TTA. I still would have bid less than a grand as I have spent WAY TOO MUCH the past few months.

If Doug's copy is a 9.4, it should be priced way under $2K. If it's a 9.6, it won't be.

i don't know to be sure, but given who we're talking about and the fact that it's not a particularly early issue, i'll be surprised if it's not a 9.6 Pac Coast. at least i hope it is, as my beautiful 9.4 copy will seem cheap by comparison. grin.gif

i don't know to be sure, but given who we're talking about and the fact that it's not a particularly early issue, i'll be surprised if it's not a 9.6 Pac Coast. at least i hope it is, as my beautiful 9.4 copy will seem cheap by comparison.

While TTA #57 is a cool book, there are already (6) 9.6's in the census and (8) 9.4's. Not a huge amount, but much more than a lot of the surrounding issues. It isn't till issue #84, before there are more 9.4's or higher in the census.

gossip.gif

The seller sent me an invoice (and I paid with PayPal) for the Avengers #11. So apparently he is not trying to dispute the sale. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

In reality, I don't think he would have a case. eBay would probably say that:

1) Either put a Reserve or start the bidding at a higher price, if you don't want to sell the item too cheap.

2) There is no evidence that someone would have bid in the last few minutes. If the site was down for an extended period of time, that would make more sense.

Think of it this way, during the hurricane's here in Florida, there were Millions of bidders (including me) that had no access to bid for days if not weeks. Every seller could claim that the final sale price was lower than it should have been due to an ACT OF GOD. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was down for me for at least 20 minutes. I believe there's a portion of eBay policy that allows for sellers to choose to not sell an item when the site isn't running properly in the final minutes (or maybe hour) of the auction?

Brian