• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #4

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone :hi:

It's funny. I haven't held a copy of this book for over 20 years and then 3 show up over the course of 6 months. But no matter how many I see, this is a tough, tough book to grade and IMO probably the toughest BA book in HG. CGC still hasn't graded a 9.8 and a 9.6 sold recently for $6200.00 or something around there.

The black cover accentuates everything! There are also printing flaws which seem to come together with normal wear. This one is wrapped nicely - no spine split and no staples breaking thru the cover. I posted another of these a few months back the range of grades it received was shocking. I expect the same this time as well.

Thanks in advance!

dcss4.jpg

dcss4a.jpg

I respect all of your opinions but there is no way this would ever get above a 6.0.

Color breaking creases on the front under the logo? The back has a large reading crease the edges have lots of wear. All the corners are bad.

Lots of color loss in the black areas.....7.0????

I respect all of your opinions but there is no way this would ever get above a 6.0.

Color breaking creases on the front under the logo? The back has a large reading crease the edges have lots of wear. All the corners are bad.

Hey, no worries here. I sometimes preface my comments with a "novice grader" disclaimer. I'm still learning and mid-grades are tough for me. So from my vantage point, thanks for your thoughts.

I'm guessing the all black cover(s) really exaggerate the flaws in a scan on this book...