• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers Annual #7

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone :hi:

I have another touch call for you this evening. I used to hoard Avengers Annual #7's. At one point I had over 30. But I've never seen a defect like the one at the bottom of the back cover. This book is flawless except for the defect. One of the nicest copies I've ever held.

I've been back and forth and IMO it has to be a production defect. Doesn't it? (shrug) I mean, does someone drop an x-acto knife which cleaves this sliver perfectly? Does someone arbitrarily carve out a slice? HOW does something so cruel occur to a book of such magnitude.

I beseech you my fellow comic peeps to help me solve this riddle. I should return with an even tougher call right after this.....

Thanks in advance!

avann7.jpg

avann7a.jpg

avann7b.jpg

Egads.

Well...ignoring that defect, it looks like a 9.2...

My gut tells me (and I hate to say this), it's not a production defect...I would guess an 8.0 would be fair, 7.5 to be safe...because it's on the BC, I could see somebody thinking 8.5...

I'll go by what I would call it if it was in my collection...7.5...

9.2 IMHO! I am guessing that it is some sort of bindery tear. Whether production or post production I cannot say. This is one for the guys at CGC to haggle over. Either way I think the book is still worthy of a 9.2! smiley-gen130.gif