• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Late Night Marvels! UNpressed FF1, FF5, ST (Strange Tales) 86

10 posts in this topic

The... Bronty's wife wants a new house sale.... :tonofbricks:

Going to let go of a few things across my various hobbies.

(no probies, shamers, etc, standard rules).

Distastefully this will include these three great books - but, its a nice opportunity for someone else.

The first up is the FF1. I can say 100% for certain that it is unpressed. It has had three owners. Me for a few years. My friend's mom for about 40 years, and her cousin that passed it down to her for about 10 years before that.

Its a nice 3.5 OW. It does have two large NCB creases on the back cover (one of them can be spotted pretty easily in the pics and starts about midway along the back bottom edge. I don't honestly have enough experience with pressing (I've never had a book pressed myself) to know if it would upgrade, but based on the fact that I am looking at a book with a couple large NCB creases and that looks quite presentable overall, I am inclined to think so.

$4500. GPA is 4k, but I think this has a shot at a press up and if so its a 6k book.

All of the books on the thread can be taken on thread wins but I'll listen to reasonable counters.

ff1b_zps4ea8f890.jpg

ff1_zpsd337591f.jpg

ff1back_zps56fcca88.jpg

ff1bback_zps6b0121bb.jpg

Second up is the FF5. Classic 1st Doom! Nice 6.5 OWW. I don't know if its been pressed or not, I bought it slabbed.

$2500.

ff5_zps2e45d99b.jpg

ff5b_zps1cfc23fc.jpg

ff5back_zpsf9e07652.jpg

ff5bback_zpsbc7165d2.jpg

Lastly, Strange Tales 86. Of all the main four prehero titles, Strange Tales is definitely the most challenging to find hg copies of, even more so than JIM. Mid run and earlier issues like this one are just never around in nice shape. This one has been pressed for sure, it was purchased that way.

Only two better copies - one 8.5 and one 9.0 - on the entire census. This is one of the best. $550.

st86_zpsfafaccd1.jpg

st86b_zps18710f7f.jpg

st86back_zps0699d41c.jpg