• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Suggestion to CGC on Grading Notes.

28 posts in this topic

CGC obviously has all of the notes for every serial # in a database. They could upload that data and make it so anyone can just access it online. There would be some initial cost involved, but no phone calls.

That said, I know they're a business and will always try to find ways to make money.

So here's a thought. In order to access the data you must have an account with CGC. Tons people will decide to acquire an account just to have free access to the notes. Many of them will eventually say, "What the heck. I have an account I might as well send in some books."

Win-Win.

CGC obviously has all of the notes for every serial # in a database. They could upload that data and make it so anyone can just access it online. There would be some initial cost involved, but no phone calls.

That said, I know they're a business and will always try to find ways to make money.

So here's a thought. In order to access the data you must have an account with CGC. Tons people will decide to acquire an account just to have free access to the notes. Many of them will eventually say, "What the heck. I have an account I might as well send in some books."

Win-Win.

^^

:idea:

It's a great thought...and has been requested to death in previous years. We're in the future now and we still don't have graders notes on line nor flying cars.

Actually we have both. Flying car: http://www.terrafugia.com//aircraft/image-gallery and graders notes are available online, you just have to pay to access them.

I think this is a fantastic idea, and I think the day will come for it, but I think they're gonna keep this bullet in their chamber in case submissions or membership ever slows down. They're still backed up and backloaded (although improving!), and until they're all caught up AND still making cash there's no reason to change.

Although I do think more membership is a great incentive

I like this idea. And, for the record, I am not a paying member of CGC - but this might be something non-paying members who don't submit frequently may consider a value to have.

Here's an example of a recent submission. It is very detailed. I don't think older submissions had much detail, if any. Maybe someone can list an older submission set of notes ?

Spine Lite Wear Breaks Color

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

Full Right Front Cover Small Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Front Cover Lite Wear

Right Bottom Back Cover Lite Smear

Center Front Cover Lite Crease Breaks Color

Left Bottom Whole Book Stain

It's a great thought...and has been requested to death in previous years. We're in the future now and we still don't have graders notes on line nor flying cars.

Actually we have both. Flying car: http://www.terrafugia.com//aircraft/image-gallery and graders notes are available online, you just have to pay to access them.

The secretary will disavow any knowledge of flying cars that I may have, but the graders notes are still sent via email to the recipient and don't show up instantaneously which leads me to believe that there's still a lot of cutting and pasting going on and not really accessible via an online database.

The secretary will disavow any knowledge of flying cars that I may have, but the graders notes are still sent via email to the recipient and don't show up instantaneously which leads me to believe that there's still a lot of cutting and pasting going on and not really accessible via an online database.

I believe it is all in a database. When I used to call in when it was free, the person on the phone would have the notes in like 2 seconds after giving them the serial number.

Here's an example of a recent submission. It is very detailed. I don't think older submissions had much detail, if any. Maybe someone can list an older submission set of notes ?

Spine Lite Wear Breaks Color

Spine Stress Lines Breaks Color

Full Right Front Cover Small Multiple Crease Breaks Color

Front Cover Lite Wear

Right Bottom Back Cover Lite Smear

Center Front Cover Lite Crease Breaks Color

Left Bottom Whole Book Stain

Wow, those grader notes are pretty detailed. The grader notes I have for an AF15 and a batman 608 rrp are bad. Both of my grader notes for those 2 comics were between 4 and 8 words each. I was very dissapointed. I wish my grader notes were like the ones you got.

I believe it is all in a database. When I used to call in when it was free, the person on the phone would have the notes in like 2 seconds after giving them the serial number.

I agree, but the request that happens on line is not tied to the information. It seems that CGC has to send you a certificate a few minutes after the fact with the little factoid added to the main cert and doesn't look to be linked.

I agree, but the request that happens on line is not tied to the information. It seems that CGC has to send you a certificate a few minutes after the fact with the little factoid added to the main cert and doesn't look to be linked.

Not true at all. I just bought the grader notes for my ASM 1 and here is the screen you see immediately after entering the billing info.

12212943636_716bdff146_b.jpg