• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Great work from CCS!

5 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd share my great experience with CCS!

Before submitting my book to CGC I decicded to pass them through their in-house pressing service CCS.

I knew that my books already had good "backbones", but if I had graded them myself, I would probably given most of them a 9.4, one a 9.2 and the last one an 8.5.

To my surprise, when I received them back from CGC, not only could I notice visually how fantastic they looked, but most of them came back at 9.8 to 9.6 and the one I would have given an 8.5 came back at 9.2.

Couldn't be be more pleased with their services. Great work!!

I'm preparing a new batch of 20 books to get graded, and I will definitely pass them by CCS again beforehand.

To save some $$$, you might consider their pre-screen service. I have used it and it has saved me from trying to press books that don't need it or could be damaged by it. I've had a few books rejected for pressing because of fragile spines or pages, manufacturing defects and/or other reasons they deem pressing will not help. Now if you are mostly submitting newer books, that may not be a problem, but I submit a lot of older books that I'm just not sure of, so I let them decide if a book is a good candidate or not. I have developed a good amount of trust and confidence in their decisions and service over the years. :)