• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supapimp and Greggy Bans

38 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Supapimp is banned because it's not Supapimp any longer. Greggy was banned because

1) He's been implicated as the only person with access to that password aside from Supapimp.

2) He's good friends with Bugaboo who appears to have been the person doing the hijacking, and definitely tends to become involved in the forum drama queen issues.

3) He's definitely been involved in shilling and "pranks" like this in the past, which makes it likely that he either intentionally gave away the password for a "joke" that got out of hand, or he dropped a hint on the password not realizing it would be guessed and abused. Either way, bad stuff.

Will they stay banned? Probably not. I'll restore Supapimp's account to him, unban greggy with a wrist slap, etc.. However, no moderators should have to spend time dealing with this kind of foolishness. If you make yourself a part of it, you should know that your right to post here is not safe.

Therefore: avoid shill games and password trading.

Arch.

Supapimp is banned because it's not Supapimp any longer. Greggy was banned because

1) He's been implicated as the only person with access to that password aside from Supapimp.

2) He's good friends with Bugaboo who appears to have been the person doing the hijacking, and definitely tends to become involved in the forum drama queen issues.

3) He's definitely been involved in shilling and "pranks" like this in the past, which makes it likely that he either intentionally gave away the password for a "joke" that got out of hand, or he dropped a hint on the password not realizing it would be guessed and abused. Either way, bad stuff.

Will they stay banned? Probably not. I'll restore Supapimp's account to him, unban greggy with a wrist slap, etc.. However, no moderators should have to spend time dealing with this kind of foolishness. If you make yourself a part of it, you should know that your right to post here is not safe.

Therefore: avoid shill games and password trading.

Arch.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifheadbang.gif

I guess the moral here is that if you create shill ID's and share the account info with 4 other board members, you'd better make sure the password is different to your own or you may end up In The Big Hizza.

Attention CPG mods.....this is how it's done.

I agree, but I hope they had some proof of greggy's guilt before dropping a ban on him. Just because he was a FOB (Friend of Bug) doesn't mean he's guilty.

893applaud-thumb.gif

So basically...guilty until proven innocent...

Guilt by association???...

3) He's definitely been involved in shilling and "pranks" like this in the past, which makes it likely that he either intentionally gave away the password for a "joke" that got out of hand, or he dropped a hint on the password not realizing it would be guessed and abused. Either way, bad stuff

Supapimp should have changed his password a looooooong time ago...it's his own damn fault...

I'll restore Supapimp's account to him

Why???...has he done anything to exonorate him of the on-line antics{{{charges against him}}}???...Supapimp has been know be be somewhat of a hoolagin himself...much more so the Greggy...

Attention CPG mods.....this is how it's done.

bravo.

my thoughts exactly. Those mods over there sound like thought police, or that machine in Stallone's Demolition Man that spits out tickets one second after you surse!!!.

Why???...has he done anything to exonorate him of the charges against him???

What charges?

Pot-smoking and 'hooliganism"

Well...I was actually thinking about the hooliganism...but I guess you could also throw in the 4:20... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Arch...I appreciate you explaining your reasons for the action. I still think you've overreacted and were goaded into acting based on the slimmest of assumptions.

Jim

No, I think Arch just wanted to give everyone a dose of reality -- and allow some of us to try to catch up to Greggy's post count.