• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen: Superior Vs Amazing Spider-Man Art

16 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/30/stolen-superior-vs-amazing-spider-man-art-by-ryan-stegman-humberto-ramos-and-edgar-delgado/

FTA:

" This jam piece by Ryan Stegman, Humberto Ramos and Edgar Delgado was supposed to get signed by Stan Lee during Wizard World Portland ’14 last weekend but somebody stole it from their booth."

Look, it may well be stolen but it sounds to me like this headline should say LOST and not stolen. The guys at the booth had this art in their possession but the article tells us nothing about why it should be considered stolen and not lost.

Look, it may well be stolen but it sounds to me like this headline should say LOST and not stolen. The guys at the booth had this art in their possession but the article tells us nothing about why it should be considered stolen and not lost.

The article says stolen.

If it was lost it would mention how and where it was lost.

Stolen means it was there and now its not

The article says stolen.

If it was lost it would mention how and where it was lost.

Stolen means it was there and now its not

stolen means you have a reason to believe someone actively took it. Having something be there and then you cannot find it means it is lost.

I'm actually with Sean. It's definitely gone, but the person who has it might not necessarily have stolen it. E.g. they put a stack of artwork on top and accidentally included that one when they took their art.

Stolen is a very strong word.

Malvin

Don't know about this situation but I agree that just because it's "missing" doesn't ALWAYS mean it's been stolen---I know of at least two instances where a page "disappeared" from a dealer's booth -- in one they had sold it and not recorded it and only realized after the show and in the other they had misplaced it and it took over a year before they found it among other art. Those were bigger dealers though with hundreds/thousands of pages.

Hi guys,

I'm the owner of this piece. I just want to clarify the whole thing.

I was not there during the event but my friend brought the piece on my behalf to get it signed by Stan. He gave it to the organizer on Saturday and somewhere between that time and the signing session, he was called back to the booth to be told that the item went missing and was probably stolen. My other friend was with him and he confirmed it with me.

They were hoping the piece was misplaced but at the end of the day they felt strongly that it was stolen and asked my friend to file a police report, which he did.

I was told that the procedure was to register your piece to be sign to the organizer and he will put it on the list and then put it on the items to be signed stack. The piece was already registered but after that it went missing from the stack.

I used the word "Stolen" in my description because that was what reported to me.

Nothing more nothing less.

But I am hoping that it's just misplaced and hopefully it will find its way back to me.

Thanks.

Fortunately yes.

As it was already recorded that the piece was in the possession of the organizer (before it went missing), they will reimburse me for it. They are going through with the insurance process after the police report.

Although I would prefer to have the piece back, but at least I could use the money to do another one again.