• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super obscure Superman

18 posts in this topic

This is the first Japanese Superman comic. It is impossible to find. It is a really weird comic too. The first 35 pages are in full color then for some reason it switches to black and white. The whole book is in Japanese except for one story toward the end is entirely in English. There are lots of cool superman outfit ads. It is quite an unusual book. This guy has a whole page on it and shows the inside of it. He is the only other one I know that has one.

JapaneseSupe001_zpsb4d0894a.jpg

Bo Hogg,

Do you own this book? Just curious where you found it...

its a nice copy you have

There are actually 2 different Superman 300s from Japan. I have the entire set i am only missing the one from South Africa.....

Its pretty rare. It is pretty common on the Japan market my buyer got it and the Captain America 100. Insane Rare would be Batman 227 or 232 from Australia or Greek iron Man 55.

My copies

2013-08-16_18-50-54_981_zps59d487e1.jpg

Solar cadet, yes I own this book but I am sorry, I don't tell anyone where I get my books from. You said something about Superman 300 but mine is Superman 1 and your second book is Superman 13 even though they have the same cover. So they aren't technically the same.

look again at my pic i have the same book you have. your book is the cover of Supes 300

no worries i have sources in Japan to buy locally i only meant did you buy here in united states...it is a $3 book in Japan all day...

there is also 2 jap editions of Superman 233 and one of McFarlane's Spiderman #1

you have a nice copy

Is that your copy or the link to the owner?

Very nice. Sweden has the same edition same year

I'd love to have it. It's the coolest foreign Supes I've seen. There was a lot of three early issues on ebay last spring including #1. I think the asking was around $1800, but there was a best offer option. I think the lot was eventually broken up and sold individually.

wow its a great book! i don't think its worth $1800 as the Swedish can go for 3-500 if you can find one..

Its definitely super rare and a gem to look at

My foreign grail of all grails would be a Mexican Superman 76 (1st meeting with Batman), Australian Batman 227, & Greek Iron Man 55.

Later on i will post my entire Superman 300 collection of 20+ books like this super cool Japanese edition....

Its pretty laughable when people say how rare books are like Batman Adventures 12 is.

apparently, they never looked the book you posted. :)

I'd love to have it. It's the coolest foreign Supes I've seen. There was a lot of three early issues on ebay last spring including #1. I think the asking was around $1800, but there was a best offer option. I think the lot was eventually broken up and sold individually.

Those Japanese books that were on eBay are the exact ones that were auctioned on Yahoo Japan and pictured on Collecting Superman. I can't remember for sure, but I think the Japanese auction result was around $800 for the three. I was in on a few of them, but just couldn't go that high based on the hole punches through the entire book and the complete absence of comparable past sales, though I'll probably kick myself because I haven't seen any of the first one come up since then.

Shortly after they surfaced, another issue or two (not #1) showed up on Yahoo Japan in much worse condition. I didn't follow the auction result, though.