• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paypal sales---shipping options

4 posts in this topic

I noticed when you do a sale directly through paypal the sale usually shows with a shipping option for shipping right through Paypal. As you scroll through the shipping options it mentions protections that are part of the process.

But I assume it is still fine to ship by other means, right? Are you forgoing paypal protections if you do so?

For example, paypal limits the insurance at $500 (saying you can buy more at the post office). But through the USPS site you can ship AND buy the higher insurance amount.

Just wonderin' hm

Thanks!

(Go Broncos) :wishluck:

I noticed when you do a sale directly through paypal the sale usually shows with a shipping option for shipping right through Paypal. As you scroll through the shipping options it mentions protections that are part of the process.

But I assume it is still fine to ship by other means, right? Are you forgoing paypal protections if you do so?

For example, paypal limits the insurance at $500 (saying you can buy more at the post office). But through the USPS site you can ship AND buy the higher insurance amount.

Just wonderin' hm

Thanks!

(Go Broncos) :wishluck:

If you want additional insurance then the tracking number changes even with domestic shipping.

I shipped a $1300 book to Canada and PP provided $500 in insurance. When I got to the PO it was going to be a nightmare to change insurance coverage, add signature confirmation/restricted delivery, etc.

Download the USPS application and do the special ones through there.