• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 17 -- Now with GRADER NOTES

41 posts in this topic

Wow! Unfortunately without the grades notes we won't be able to comment but I was sure that this copy was at least 6.5. Hope you get the graders and notes and we can find out what the hell is going on?

I feel like the front cover looks so good it has a shot at the 7.0.

I didn't realize the grade was already back. If you decide to get the notes, I would love to see what they list. I submitted an X-Men 35 SS a while ago and we all thought it was at least an 8.0 on here. Turned out it got a 6.0 (if my memory is correct). I got the graders notes and they mentioned the stain on the back of the book. I had never noticed it in hand and no one noticed on the scan but once I looked again after reading the notes - there it was.

Is that a readers crease on the back of the book near the spine?

Good point! That might have been what dropped this book to a 5.5

that looks like dirt more than a crease to me.

But if that it is a crease, and that's what brought the grade down from a 6.5/7.0 than that is absurd. At some point the visual appeal of the book needs to be taken into consideration. (But then again, I think that's what happened when my GSXM came back an 8.5. The cover on that book is bone white and looks great which made up for the bad corners)

I recently bought a 6.0 of a key and when it arrived it was badly tanned and ugly looking. It was supposed to replace a higher grade copy of mine, but it was so unpleasant to look at that I'm trying to flip it. I would give a book like that a 4.0 and this ASM 17 a 6.5/7.0

Back cover does look like a crease. Also I was under the impression that tanning like the interior covers have brings down the grade significantly, but could be wrong.

Hi Josh,

Had another long look at this book and..... there is a crease on the back cover! Have a look at the bottom about 2" in and it runs at about a 70 degree angle up through the green box into the dialogue and it looks as though it fades as it goes through "b" on below and the "t" in too (the red lettering) in the middle area of the book closer to the spine.

The crease is very faint but it is there and that I can assure you is the reason for your 5.5!

Is that a readers crease on the back of the book near the spine?

Good point! That might have been what dropped this book to a 5.5

that looks like dirt more than a crease to me.

But if that it is a crease, and that's what brought the grade down from a 6.5/7.0 than that is absurd. At some point the visual appeal of the book needs to be taken into consideration.

Think this would be a good example of a book presenting better than the "technical" grade. Nothing wrong with that, especially if it was free! (thumbs u

Hmm

Do you think that can be pressed out?

It still might not make sense to press given the value increase wouldn't be huge.

As far as I can tell that crease is pressable, but I would get Joey's opinion on it for sure. What surprised me was the lack of information provided in the graders notes. There most definitely should have been a mention of the crease(s). I would get Joey to look at it and maybe resubmit. Just hope it doesn't come back "trimmed"coffeescreen.gif