• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cant decide if ebay seller is stupid or thinks I'm stupid

51 posts in this topic

I'd say the seller is stupid for jacking up the price when, after having relisted it 8 times, he gets an interested party. Now he has no interested party again, and since it didn't sell 8 times before at $199, he has less chance to sell it for $299 now.

You are clear, Miraclemet!

:)

-slym

He Keeps saying he witnessed them being signed March 14 1992, but Kirby wasn't there in 1992. He was there in 1993, though.

He says he has a CoA, and then all it is, is a flyer for the appearance.

wow he screwed up the date!!!

I'm going with that too. He had a book for 199 and no takers then someone comes along maybe interested and instead of jumping on it greed makes him jack up the price. That is stupid. A bird in the hand, dude.

I was watching an auction on Comic Connect for a group lot, the "Overstreet Guide Value" was listed as $750, and the starting bid was $190. It was a bit over what I wanted to pay (I wasn't interested in everything in the group), and apparently I wasn't the only one, as it didn't sell.

It showed up in my Watch list accepting offers, so I figured, why not? I made an offer of $140. About 12 hours later (less than 24 hours after it didn't sell at auction for $190), I received a counter-offer. For $390. Tried one more time with $145, countered with $385, so figured the guy didn't get it.

And it's still out there, looking for offers.

So I emailed him about the previous $199 no sale price and now he quotes higher and he says

"

That was just my starting price but not my final price. I'll tell you what, I'm willing to let it go for $200 even (as the final price) and that includes USPS 2-Day Priority shipping. But that's my best price. I'm doing my best to work with you bc I'm a reasonable guy"