• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You Tell Me.

17 posts in this topic

Supposed to be a great series.

Man, can't get anything by you. How obscure do I need to get?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

gossip.gif why this is in the Marketplace in the first place. And, yes, I read them and they weren't bad. 893applaud-thumb.gif

(cover still looks like cat-pron though).

Wasn't "Kobayashi" the name of the lawyer in "Usual Suspects"?

(Yeah, yeah...I'm going off on a tangent)

Nah... "Kobayashi" was a manuever used by James T. Kirk to overcome and defeat a battle situation on a Starship excercise???...

Nah... "Kobayashi" was a manuever used by James T. Kirk to overcome and defeat a battle situation on a Starship excercise???...

I believe that was the "Tobiashi Maru" scenario that was 'unbeatable'...until Kirk beat it (by reprogramming the simulation the night before so that it could be beaten, because Kirk does not believe in a no-win situation!). He cheats and he's praised for thinking outside the box, Michael Douglas cheats and its boiled bunny for dinner!! foreheadslap.gif

I believe that was the "Tobiashi Maru" scenario that was 'unbeatable'...until Kirk beat it (by reprogramming the simulation the night before so that it could be beaten, because Kirk does not believe in a no-win situation!). He cheats and he's praised for thinking outside the box, Michael Douglas cheats and its boiled bunny for dinner!! foreheadslap.gif

OMFG! You are correct, and I was wrong!

All Hail Woogie! King of the Geeks!!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

acclaim.gif

Now, somebody bid on my cat-pron books!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Close, but no cigar guys.

The "Kobayashi Maru" is the name of the vessel (and subsequently the name of the simulation) the trainees receive a distress call from during the no-win-scenario exercise. Woogie is correct that Kirk is the only cadet to have ever defeated the simulation, which he accomplished by reprogramming the computer so that it was possible to rescue the ship. thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sure if I'm proud to know this or not.

The "Kobayashi Maru" is the name of the vessel (and subsequently the name of the simulation) the trainees receive a distress call from during the no-win-scenario exercise. Woogie is correct that Kirk is the only cadet to have ever defeated the simulation, which he accomplished by reprogramming the computer so that it was possible to rescue the ship. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/ships/article/124103.html

foreheadslap.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/ships/article/124103.html

NERDS!!!

ogre.gif