• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accidental marker on cover - restoration?

67 posts in this topic

i may go into the resto removal business though.

we offer marker-overs, rip-offs and cut-outs to remove those purple label monstrosities.

here's one of our wonderful success stories-resto at top completely eradicated and blue label guaranteed. 1000x1000.jpg

Dave Kapelka had a collections a couple of years ago that had a small mark on the bottom left edge of every cover, about 1/4 inch from the edge. Black felt pen of some type.

Books did not receive PLOD. Books were downgraded from what I understand. Lots of 9.8ish books that came back 9.4/9.6

Interesting story behind those books, as you know.

No I don't know… :popcorn:

Dave Kapelka had a collections a couple of years ago that had a small mark on the bottom left edge of every cover, about 1/4 inch from the edge. Black felt pen of some type.

Books did not receive PLOD. Books were downgraded from what I understand. Lots of 9.8ish books that came back 9.4/9.6

:popcorn:

Here's one of the books Dale was talking about. You can see the horizontal black line on the bottom left, about a quarter of an inch up.

Here's how I remember the story...

There were two brothers living in Niagara Falls. Let's call them Goofus and Gallant. Gallant collected comic books; Goofus did not. Gallant had some sweet, sweet books; Goofus had none. Gallant was suspicious that the envious Goofus was stealing his sweet, sweet comic books so he marked all of the front covers with a black felt pen of some type.

Gallant later saw some of his sweet, sweet books with the marked covers for sale in a local comic shop, proving his brother had stolen from him.

FF_zpsacfc2f45.jpg