• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accidental marker on cover - restoration?

67 posts in this topic

So if someone gets an artist to sign their comic over the same exact spot that there is color touch, it's no longer considered restored?

that is a great question. if the sig completely covers the color touch i would say yes.

I think it depends

In the case of one felt tip black dot...having someone sign over it would rectify it (my opinion).

If something was professionally touched up and then someone signs over it...I don't think it's getting a Blue label.

So if someone gets an artist to sign their comic over the same exact spot that there is color touch, it's no longer considered restored?

that is a great question. if the sig completely covers the color touch i would say yes.

IMHO that is very dishonest to CGC, and the eventual buyer of the book (shrug)

No one else sees the intentional deceit?

I have a beat up Hulk #5 that was touched with a green marker of some type on the white part of the cover. It sits in a 1.8 PLOD slab with "color touch on cover" note.

wtf? green on white and they considered it resto? i would contact cgc and try to argue it.

It's only a 1.8 so i'm not worried about it.

you should be worried-purple labels are half the value of blue. So that's like $150.

He said he isn't worried about it, for whatever reason, as he didn't state one.

Let him not be worried about it.

-slym

IMHO that is very dishonest to CGC, and the eventual buyer of the book (shrug)

No one else sees the intentional deceit?

Yes, we all do. that was the real point of the question.

well if the sig covers the resto, is it deceit? if a tattoo is gone because of an injury, does the guy still have a tattoo? if you have a small pencil eraser size resto and your kid scribbles over it with marker, is it still resto?

Bro, I'll just say it. It's funny how the resto just "happened" to be the exact same color and was completely accidentally dropped on a book. Why wasn't it in a bag and board kav?

well i was flipping thru pages looking for things to draw. I'm not trying to pull a fast one-i've identified the book and I know cgc would spot it with a black light. there's no upside for me here. it really happened.

now if i had been drawing with an orange pen and just so happened to hit an orange spot on the cover-ok that would be suspicious. but wth would i tell everyone about it? the conspiracy theory just doesn't hold up. flight 800 on the other hand....

but this thread has done one thing-exposed another possibility of fraud-people with small restorations going over it with a black marker, as a marked unrestored book would be more valuable than a restored book.....

Bro, I'll just say it. It's funny how the resto just "happened" to be the exact same color and was completely accidentally dropped on a book. Why wasn't it in a bag and board kav?

Pen hit paper, it can happen. I think you're fishing in the wrong pond bro.

it's ok to be suspicious-so many devious types out there. pen definitely hit paper. another thing that happens is if you dont take the tape off your bag/board it will catch on your spiderman #50 and rip off part of the cover....that happened too unfortunately. i swear i did not rip off some resto your honor.

it's ok to be suspicious-so many devious types out there. pen definitely hit paper. another thing that happens is if you dont take the tape off your bag/board it will catch on your spiderman #50 and rip off part of the cover....that happened too unfortunately. i swear i did not rip off some resto your honor.

(thumbs u