• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Blue Beetle No. 1 (1967) Steve Ditko

11 posts in this topic

6.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

I may be imagining it but there appears to be impact damage on the spine side of the front cover just below the "Beetle" bug insignia next to the 'B' in Beetle and then a stress mark running through the first 'E' in the title as well. In addition there is some impact damage evident on the back cover near the top starting from the left hand side and running across most of the back cover. I think it may be able to be pressed out but it is a white area of the cover and I'm not sure what can be done for that.

The book presents much nicer than that but I'm playing devils advocate here!

6.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

I may be imagining it but there appears to be impact damage on the spine side of the front cover just below the "Beetle" bug insignia next to the 'B' in Beetle and then a stress mark running through the first 'E' in the title as well. In addition there is some impact damage evident on the back cover near the top starting from the left hand side and running across most of the back cover. I think it may be able to be pressed out but it is a white area of the cover and I'm not sure what can be done for that.

The book presents much nicer than that but I'm playing devils advocate here!

The book has been pressed but I didn't see it before hand. I acquired this book along with about 25 other SA/BA books from my LCS about 13 months ago. What you see could possibly be impact damage or mishandling through the years.