• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange CGC Label - Is this Real?

23 posts in this topic

I just saw this book on eBay and noticed that the label is different than any label I have ever seen before. The top edge of the label says "Graded by CGC for Geppi's Entertainment Museum".

Is this real? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

I looked up the serial number on CGC's site, but there is no mention of the notation on the label.

_57_zps8343de98.jpg

Why does it look like the case is opened? (if you look at the top right)
It looks like it's leaning on a mirror, but there's no reflection of the photographer.....Vampire !!!

It looks like it's leaning on a mirror, but there's no reflection of the photographer.....Vampire !!!

More realistic bet would be that it is leaning on another slab.

14 seconds bro... 14 seconds...

I say Vampire.

Show of hands.....?

I say Vampire.

Show of hands.....?

Show of stakes? While you take a vote, I'm getting my garlic.

Looks like that is not the only one.

Avengers 200 Geppi Museum

And if you check the link below it, there are more.

Yea there've been a few appearing the last few weeks. They must be selling off some of their stock.

I worry about the museum to be honest. When my daughter and I went we were there for a good 2 hours and the place was EMPTY.

I worry about the museum to be honest. When my daughter and I went we were there for a good 2 hours and the place was EMPTY.

I thought the museum was long gone, as the last I remember, the stadium had sued Geppi for unpaid rent and other lawsuits (like the Archie heirs one) were flying.

I thought the museum was long gone, as the last I remember, the stadium had sued Geppi for unpaid rent and other lawsuits (like the Archie heirs one) were flying.

No it is still there:

http://www.geppismuseum.com/Home/7/1/52/500

I've been through the Geppi museum once, and while I was of course blown away by the sheer quantity of amazing vintage comics, toys, and games, I was also hugely let down by the lack of pertinent information. So, you've got a Youngblood 1 on display. Maybe mention how it was part of the Image revolution, staked a claim for creator rights, was an imprint of Malibu originally...? Or just have it sit there. I talked myself hoarse explaining to my wife WHY some of the things I was looking at were so culturally significant that they should be in a museum.