• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new census / Adventure 247 9.6!

16 posts in this topic

I saw in the new census:

Adventure 247

a 9.6 of this baby! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

What on earth is that puppy worth, and where did it come from? For a book that once use to be listed as "scarce" in Overstreet, there is a 9.2, a 9.4 a 9.6 and 60 other certified copies of this silver age key!

A 9.6 ... wow!

If it goes up for sale, it's gonna bring beaucoup bucks, baby!!

Actually with only three copies above 9.0, this book is certainly scarce in high grade. And the majority of submissions have been mid to low grade.

When Overstreet lists a book as scarce/rare etc. they mean in any grade' shy.gif

Now I have seen them list stuff with no price in the higher grades and also note the book as rare, (New Adventure 13 for instance) but I was referring to stuff like Pussycat (Marvel magazine) which is listed as scarce. By Overstreets glossary, scarce is 20-100 copies known to exist (regardless of condition).

Now Adventure 247 isn't listed as scarce anymore, but it once was. Most key DC's from the 50's do not even have a single 9.6 in the census. I think this book, is or huge importance and worth major bucks as it's not only the highest graded Adventure 247, but it may be one of the very few 9.6 silver age 1950's keys to exist from DC.

I think this book, is or huge importance and worth major bucks as it's not only the highest graded Adventure 247, but it may be one of the very few 9.6 silver age 1950's keys to exist from DC.

well, i sure as hell don't own any.............i can't even manage a 9.6 from my best 1964 books........... frown.gif

well, i sure as hell don't own any.............i can't even manage a 9.6 from my best 1964 books........... frown.gif

I hear you BB, I don't think some of the new books I picked up last week at my LCS are 9.6!

I saw in the new census:

Adventure 247

a 9.6 of this baby! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

What on earth is that puppy worth, and where did it come from? For a book that once use to be listed as "scarce" in Overstreet, there is a 9.2, a 9.4 a 9.6 and 60 other certified copies of this silver age key!

A 9.6 ... wow!

Believe it or not, the 9.6 copy has actually been in the census for several years now. It's not new.

Having always considered this to be an impossible issue (along with virtually every 1950s DC) to find in high grade, as well as one of my holy grails, I was astounded by the appearance of both the 9.4 and 9.6 copies in the census, but most particularly the 9.6 copy. I believe it's the earliest SA DC to exist in 9.6 (thus far), although perhaps Valiantman could confirm that.

I would dearly love to know who owns this copy. The 9.2 copy is the Mohawk copy, owned by Robert Roter and for sale for a "mere" $50,000 or so, last time I checked. The 9.4 copy is the Bethlehem copy, and it's safely locked away never to see the light of day unless the owner was able to trade up for the 9.6 copy.

60 other certified copies of this silver age key!

That's actually a relatively low number. I did a comparison last year and this was one of the least submitted keys.

Rob, that is a really cool comparison. thumbsup2.gif It really underscores how tough it is to find Tec 225 and Showcase 8 at all, let alone in high grade. Showcase 13 and 14, which are not on your list, are incredibly tough too, with only 39 and 43 submissions respectively.

The 9.4 copy is the Bethlehem copy, and it's safely locked away never to see the light of day unless the owner was able to trade up for the 9.6 copy.

I would hate to be the guy who owns the 9.4. The sheer embarassment of having the 9.4 when the 9.6 is out there would be too much for most collectors to take. A word of advice to the guy that has the 9.4-GET RID OF IT. Sell it to the first person that shows even the slightest interest in this dog.

Steve

P.S. We are currently buying high grade copies of Adv#247.

here is the book attached above.

637391-adv247.jpg

I have attached my 2nd copy of the book with this posting.

It's hard to believe this used to be the most expensive Silver Age book for the longest time, now it's not even in the top ten! 893whatthe.gif

West

The 9.4 copy is the Bethlehem copy, and it's safely locked away never to see the light of day unless the owner was able to trade up for the 9.6 copy.

I would hate to be the guy who owns the 9.4. The sheer embarassment of having the 9.4 when the 9.6 is out there would be too much for most collectors to take. A word of advice to the guy that has the 9.4-GET RID OF IT. Sell it to the first person that shows even the slightest interest in this dog.

Steve

P.S. We are currently buying high grade copies of Adv#247.

27_laughing.gif Steve, I don't care what Vincent says, you DO have a sense of humor.

I've heard from extremely reliable sources that if you were to find the 9.6 copy for the owner of the 9.4 copy, there's a very high probability that he would make the 9.4 copy available. Surely a man of your resources can track it down?