• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 most popular comic characters?

31 posts in this topic

Ok so an artist I know wants to do prints/pre-done sketches. He asked my advice on the top 5 most popular characters. I'm stumped over the order, as Disney, the internet, films and merchandising in the last 10 years may have shifted the order around. Here's my top 5 but the top 3 are difficult to confirm, my humble opinion :

1. Superman

2. Spiderman

3. Batman

4. Captain America

5. Wolverine

These can be debated, esp. Supes vs Spidey and Bats vs Cap. Opinions?

Spider-Man and Batman in top 2 spots for sure depending on if you like Marvel or DC characters more.. Iron Man might also make the list based on last 6 years with Robert Downey Jr. Or just off the list in the 6 spot.

1.Spider-Man

2.Batman

3.Wolverine

then Superman, Captain America, Iron Man for the final 2 spots.

I'd say Cap doesn't fit. Could argue the Hulk instead, can also argue Characters that are Super hot RIGHT NOW, ie: Deadpool, Harley Quinn.

I'd say add that most popular female there regardless just for the sake of diversity. Some people like pics of pretty women. WW, Ms Marvel, Catwoman???

Cap is a bit outdated if you ask me, that or I'm wrong.

Nice!

Not a big Supes fan, but I cant deny his stamp on pop culture

Batman/Spiderman--kids know these characters before their abc's! lol

Captain America--outdated somewhat I agree, but he's gotten a big boost with 2 major films and the avengers movie

Deadpool

Hulk

Harley Quinn--all hot right now

But besides selling prints etc, who takes the top spot as

the top character? Supes/spidey/batman/wolvie? Or someone else entirely? Great discussion

Ok so an artist I know wants to do prints/pre-done sketches. He asked my advice on the top 5 most popular characters. I'm stumped over the order, as Disney, the internet, films and merchandising in the last 10 years may have shifted the order around. Here's my top 5 but the top 3 are difficult to confirm, my humble opinion :

1. Superman

2. Spiderman

3. Batman

4. Captain America

5. Wolverine

(1) titties

(2) titties

(3) titties

(4) Wolverine

(5) titties

1. Superman

2. Spiderman

3. Batman

4. Captain America

5. Wolverine

(1) titties

(2) titties

(3) titties

(4) Wolverine

(5) titties

Translation:

(1) Wonder Woman

(2) Harley Quinn

(3) Black Cat

(4) Wolverine

(5) Cat Woman

1. Superman

2. Spiderman

3. Batman

4. Captain America

5. Wolverine

(1) titties

(2) titties

(3) titties

(4) Wolverine

(5) titties

From the cgc OG lol

C2e2 this year sir?

1. Superman

2. Spiderman

3. Batman

4. Captain America

5. Wolverine

(1) titties

(2) titties

(3) titties

(4) Wolverine

(5) titties

Translation:

(1) Wonder Woman

(2) Harley Quinn

(3) Black Cat

(4) Wolverine

(5) Cat Woman

I'd say if he were selling prints to the Sig Series room right now, this one's dead on (maybe switch out Wolverine for Mary Jane). I don't know why, but boobs are in right now with sketch cover collectors.

If you're selling to the public, I'd agree with your first list, Mike. Normally I'd switch out Cap for Hulk, but Cap has a movie out in April, so I'd leave the list as-is.