• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to buy Mylars / Mylites for CGC slabbed comics?

27 posts in this topic

Bagsunlimited has poly bags that will fit CGC books. I don't believe there are any companies that make mylar bags for cgc books.
I think it is because there isn't much point in making them to fit CGC books.

I don't think you will find any of these anywhere.

Stick with PolyBags for graded books otherwise it is a waste of money.

Again though, why bother? It's like wearing two rubbers. The only thing I can think of is to protect the slabs themselves. Other than that you either trust the CGC holder to protect your books or you don't.
Yeah, the only real reason to use bags over slabs is to stop scratches on the slab from happening.

Otherwise it is just screwy.gif

Again though, why bother? It's like wearing two rubbers. The only thing I can think of is to protect the slabs themselves. Other than that you either trust the CGC holder to protect your books or you don't.

I have seen slabs so scratched up it is difficult to see the cover of the book. The bags are not that expensive and they look much nicer than just the slab. I am really happy with them. Of course they are not for everybody.

I have seen slabs so scratched up it is difficult to see the cover of the book. The bags are not that expensive and they look much nicer than just the slab. I am really happy with them. Of course they are not for everybody.

Yeah, like I said in the above quote, I can see doing it to protect the slabs themselves, but buying mylar for that makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course, personally I don't really have a need for the poly bags either as I don't handle my graded books often enough to worry about scratching the cases.

They are the only ones I know of. Of course if you have more than 25 slabs in your collection $9.00 should not seem expensive. You have probably spent more than that on shipping some of the slabs. At least you get a product with this.

hey rob, do you keep the bags that cgc sends the slabs in? I throw mine away.

I take them off the books that I'm keeping, but I keep around to ship books in to keep any potential tape residue off the slabs and as an extra layer of protection against water or random tape pulls on the top label.

Kaptain,

The eBay seller winstreak sells mylites for storing CGC books--they come with velcro fasteners. The reason I would use them would be to have a neater look--and it just plain looks better that looking at the book through a poly bag. Scratch protection is yet another reason, and better protection of the top label.

30_1.JPG

It is expensive, though. (about $1 per book)

I had winstreak send me some samples. They fit well for regular sized CGC books but for 100 page books where the thickness of the slab changes, his fasteners didn't meet.

I've just contacted him so that he can correct the problem. If I receive an update I'll post it here.