• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Mystery Comics #76

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, what do you think of this.

Purchased from a reputable auction as Near Mint/Mint (9.8) from the Big Apple Collection.

Firstly I think its nearer 9.2? also how does anyone prove its from Big Apple and I'm sure CGC won't take my word for it and put that designation on the label.

What's your thoughts.

img001_zps65ea1076.jpg[/img]

img002_zps6af6dca8.jpg[/img]

I agree with your 9.2 assessment. I can't imagine a reputable auction house advertising this as a 9.8? I am not sure how one would go about proving or disproving the authentication of a Pedigree book unless there is some paper trail providing evidence?smiley-gen130.gif

Really nice copy regardless of pedigree or not!

Sweet copy, but with the stain on the BC, the slight corner wear and the small chip out of the top, I don't see 9.8. As is, I agree 9.2 is about right. If the corners can be pressed pressed, and the spot on the BC is more dirt than stain and could be cleaned off, I could see CGC giving it a 9.6 if they consider the top left a bindery chip. CGC sometimes seems a bit easy on GA when handing out NM range grades.