• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romances Just in Time for Valentine's Day! ***15% Off***

131 posts in this topic

Up tonight are three nice, lower-grade copies of some St. John's 100-page romance comics.

I have two-plus long boxes of romance comics, and at one time I was trying to own every single non-Charlon romance. (I hate Charltons... they're just so damn cheap in their printing, the stories are crummy, and any good art is easily rendered useless by their bad separation. But I digress...)

I just don't think I'm going to go that route, and will start selling them here, on eBay, and at cons. And I'll just stick with collecting Silver Age hero stuff for myself.

Shipping is $5 for Media Mail in a box (with padding) or $12 for Priority Mail in a flat rate Medium Box. I prefer PayPal, but I will do checks or money orders. (I live in Chicago, and can meet up with anyone in the area if they'd rather.)

An :takeit: or PM wins them, and if I'm not around to confirm, it's whatever time-stamp is earlier.

I would be up to a trade. (I don't know if that's okay or not here.) But you can always contact me with an offer.

Please PM or just post with any questions.

Pictorial Romances #19 GD/VG $90

Latest OPG has this at $108 in VG.

Like many of these 100 pagers, there is a spine roll. The bottom 1/2" of the spine has chipped off, and there's a fold at the bottom right-hand part of the cover. Also a small tear. The paper quality is decent. It's not brittle at all, though it's only OW.

PictorialRomances19004_zps611b5200.jpg

PictorialRomances19B005_zps6fa9125b.jpg

Pictorial Romances #19 GD/VG $90

Latest OPG has this at $108 in VG.

Like many of these 100 pagers, there is a spine roll. The bottom 1/2" of the spine has chipped off, and there's a fold at the bottom right-hand part of the cover. Also a small tear. The paper quality is decent. It's not brittle at all, though it's only OW.

PictorialRomances19004_zps611b5200.jpg

PictorialRomances19B005_zps6fa9125b.jpg

:takeit:

Pictorial Romances #20 VG+ $125

A much more solid copy than the 19, though there is a 3/4" spine split from the bottom on the front cover. No spine roll, which is nice. Minor tiny nicks around the cover. Still presents really well.

PictoralRomances20001_zpsb197f318.jpg

PictorialRomances20B006_zps9e96697f.jpg

Pictorial Romances #20 VG+ $125

A much more solid copy than the 19, though there is a 3/4" spine split from the bottom on the front cover. No spine roll, which is nice. Minor tiny nicks around the cover. Still presents really well.

PictoralRomances20001_zpsb197f318.jpg

PictorialRomances20B006_zps9e96697f.jpg

True Love Pictorial #5 VG $115

It's $106 in the latest OPG. There's that spine roll again. A 1/2" spine split on the front cover from the top down. Name written on the cover (Uchy Labbe? Of course...). If not for the spine roll and the spine split, this could easily be a Fine.

TrueLovePictorial5003_zps83a69d20.jpg

TrueLove5B007_zps52682e17.jpg

It's $106 in the latest OPG. There's that spine roll again. A 1/2" spine split on the front cover from the top down. Name written on the cover (Uchy Labbe? Of course...). If not for the spine roll and the spine split, this could easily be a Fine.

I'll take it

Hmmm... maybe I priced these too low...

I see them being offered up on eBay for ridiculous sums, but they never actually sell. It's just the same ones over and over listing for double guide.

Pictorial Love Stories #1 FN

$108 in the OPG. The only issue of this series. Baker cover, but I honestly don't know if he did any interiors.

Nice, solid copy. The paper quality isn't the best, though. That's why it's a FN. Maybe a 6.0 from CGC.

PictorialLoveStories008_zps1c08b756.jpg

PictorialLoveStoriesB009_zps2ef89a11.jpg

Pictorial Love Stories #1 FN

$108 in the OPG. The only issue of this series. Baker cover, but I honestly don't know if he did any interiors.

Nice, solid copy. The paper quality isn't the best, though. That's why it's a FN. Maybe a 6.0 from CGC.

PictorialLoveStories008_zps1c08b756.jpg

PictorialLoveStoriesB009_zps2ef89a11.jpg