• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frequently Asked Questions Forum?

14 posts in this topic

I've been here for about 9 or 10 months now and have seen many topics pop up on here time and time again (for Captain Short Shorts and others it's got to be old). I was just thinking that it might be better to have a separate forum that could be home to threads that are for commonly asked questions. Things like "Where to Buy Mylar’s", "What side of the board to use", "Climate Control", "Best Online Comic Stores" and that kind of thing. It would save newbies the time of waiting for replies and it would cut down on a little bit of the clutter in the other forums.

Anybody else think it's a good idea? confused-smiley-013.gif

how would it save time waiting for answers? Or do you mean all teh threads woudl be stored there so you could just "look up" the existing answers?

I think it'd be good to have a "database" of definitive threads about certain topics that could always be used as quick reference - although it'd be up to the Mods to decide what would be worth including.

I few boards I have frequented in the past have a FAQ forum, but because folks often don't think to visit there, they'll also have a sticky at the top of the main forum. That sticky is usually a "READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION" thread that runs down all the typical questions and includes links to the posts in the FAQ forum.

I few boards I have frequented in the past have a FAQ forum, but because folks often don't think to visit there, they'll also have a sticky at the top of the main forum. That sticky is usually a "READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION" thread that runs down all the typical questions and includes links to the posts in the FAQ forum.

Correctomundo.

Reference the following: Acura CL message board. I've had three questions about my car all answered in a few minutes by looking through the FAQ section there.

You listening, Arch? sign-rantpost.gif

Correctomundo.

Reference the following: Acura CL message board. I've had three questions about my car all answered in a few minutes by looking through the FAQ section there.

That's a really funny coincidence because I've been consulting with the TSX board the last couple days myself!

893whatthe.gif

Correctomundo.

That's a really funny coincidence because I've been consulting with the TSX board the last couple days myself!

893whatthe.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Does the tranny fall out of those, too? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Correctomundo.

893whatthe.gif

thumbsup2.gif

frown.gif Your tranny fell out?? Is that why we haven't seen Supa around lately?? Did you pull over and put him back in?

Correctomundo.

893whatthe.gif

thumbsup2.gif

frown.gif Your tranny fell out?? Is that why we haven't seen Supa around lately?? Did you pull over and put him back in?

893applaud-thumb.gif Well done! We would have also accepted "Greggy" as an answer, but Supapimp was, in fact, the "tranny" in question we were looking for. blush.gif

Now here's FFB with Round 2....