• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nightmare come true? Are my books lost in the mail?

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, just made my first submission a few weeks back and will hopefully be getting them a back very soon. But heres the kicker i'm crapping my pants with fear they are lost in mail. Last friday CGC updated my status to shipped/safe. So now five days pays and i get an email at 7:30 am eastern this morning from Kim Henley saying pending shipment notification,blah blah blah, and a tracking number.

Sounds great right, well first thing i do is go to usps.com and put in my tracking number and it shows my books labels were created on the 7th and also accepted at 5:08 PM on the 7th, with expected delivery on the 10th. THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO!!!

Im freaking out just a little somebody tell me they've had an experience like this. Im just wondering if everyone gets that email 5 days later or only once books are shipped. Id believe it would only be once they have shipped.

Thanks everyone, been trolling the thread for quite some time but this seemed like a good as post as any for 1st post lol. So make me feel better starting in 3,2,1... go

Sounds like you should give it a few days. Their delivery dates are estimates, and in case you hadn't heard, the SE of the US (as well as the NE!) is getting hammered with winter weather right now.

Deep breath, relax, and give it until next week before resuming your freak-out.

;)

-slym

Hello everyone, just made my first submission a few weeks back and will hopefully be getting them a back very soon. But heres the kicker i'm crapping my pants with fear they are lost in mail. Last friday CGC updated my status to shipped/safe. So now five days pays and i get an email at 7:30 am eastern this morning from Kim Henley saying pending shipment notification,blah blah blah, and a tracking number.

Sounds great right, well first thing i do is go to usps.com and put in my tracking number and it shows my books labels were created on the 7th and also accepted at 5:08 PM on the 7th, with expected delivery on the 10th. THAT WAS 2 DAYS AGO!!!

Im freaking out just a little somebody tell me they've had an experience like this. Im just wondering if everyone gets that email 5 days later or only once books are shipped. Id believe it would only be once they have shipped.

Thanks everyone, been trolling the thread for quite some time but this seemed like a good as post as any for 1st post lol. So make me feel better starting in 3,2,1... go

What method of delivery were they shipped?

If it was Fed Ex overnight, I'd worry a bit.

If it was USPS registered mail they could take 2 weeks to arrive.

And like Slym said, the pounding of bad weather will slow everything down.

What method of delivery were they shipped?

If it was Fed Ex overnight, I'd worry a bit.

If it was USPS registered mail they could take 2 weeks to arrive.

And like Slym said, the pounding of bad weather will slow everything down.

Plus if it was USPS registered mail it will show up as received until it's delivered. For some reason tracking doesn't seem to work on registered mail.

Thanks guys, yea they were shipped in USPS Priority 2-3 days / Registered Mail. I wasn't sure how long it usually takes for others to receive there. Its just the lack of updates since friday that concerned me, Given i shipped my books from seattle on a saturday and they received them on a monday.

Thanks guys, yea they were shipped in USPS Priority 2-3 days / Registered Mail. I wasn't sure how long it usually takes for others to receive there. Its just the lack of updates since friday that concerned me, Given i shipped my books from seattle on a saturday and they received them on a monday.

Ignore the Priority part, despite the designation Registered Mail doesn't ship at Priority speeds. Should be no worries.

Registered doesn't show tracking as they don't scan it in the same system as it travels differently (lock/key) than regular priority. For me to get books from Florida to NY takes 5 business days.

Yeah I got a shipment back from CGC about a month ago registered mail. It took slightly over a week and listed them as "received" until they got here. Patience padawan.

Ignore the Priority part, despite the designation Registered Mail doesn't ship at Priority speeds. Should be no worries.

+1

Registered mail is really slow so don't pay attention to the Priority estimate. USPS is also terrible at updating tracking. I would give it 10 days from FL to Washington.

CGC has been having issues with the USPS shipping notifications. I had a similar problem where I got a tracking number for priority mail and it was listed as not shipped in the tracking. I called CGC and the customer service rep gave me the correct tracking number. USPS has been sending priority mail tracking numbers when they should be sending registered mail tracking numbers. Just call CGC and they'll give you the correct tracking number.

CGC has been having issues with the USPS shipping notifications. I had a similar problem where I got a tracking number for priority mail and it was listed as not shipped in the tracking. I called CGC and the customer service rep gave me the correct tracking number. USPS has been sending priority mail tracking numbers when they should be sending registered mail tracking numbers. Just call CGC and they'll give you the correct tracking number.

I'll do this tomorrow, Thanks for the advice. I would of never guessed the numbers could be different. This all makes me feel better because im used to things getting places on time but then again i dont think ive ever used registered mail unless its the same as just insurance. Thanks again