• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck cutting prices....Believe it when I see it.

107 posts in this topic

Anyone who is still paying list price for new comics is doing their wallet a disservice. Online distributors like dcbs discount preorder comics 40-60%. So you're only paying $1.75-1.99 per book, and you can resell them down the road for a buck, which means until new digital releases are a standard $.99, it still makes more sense to buy physical copies.

Unless you only buy a couple of titles each month.

I only buy a couple Action #1 a month.

Quick question...

At any point was or has Chuck been a member of these boards or interacted in any way?

no

Yup, he has.

In late '03 or early '04, lighthouse started a thread about some keys he'd bought from Mile High that were badly overgraded for the price paid.

It was the first and last thread Chuck participated in.

Hey, MH has a Conan 1 in VF for just $1125.00.

At 75% off, that would only be about 60% above the market price.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's one of the books that got the half off. Or maybe that is the half-off price.

Even more intriguing is the Conan 1 CGC 9.0... in Very Fine.

Quick question...

At any point was or has Chuck been a member of these boards or interacted in any way?

no

Yup, he has.

In late '03 or early '04, lighthouse started a thread about some keys he'd bought from Mile High that were badly overgraded for the price paid.

He has his defenders though. Although they don't seem to be showing up on this thread.

Quick question...

no

Yup, he has.

He has his defenders though. Although they don't seem to be showing up on this thread.

Maybe they're with Chuckles smoking peyote,and making pottery. :gossip:

I just love seeing the newsstand books on MHC with prices 5000% over their direct edition counterparts in lower grades. I know that HG newsstand books are harder to get even nowadays from a book store or something, but cmon!

I ONCE bought a few books from MHC, I have never been back. There website is a joke(hello, it's 2014 not 1994) as well.

Oh I remembered the first MHC collection years ago when that guy made news abuzz about this collection. In fact I had brought a few comics off this collection at the time he begin to sell some at the comic con in the early 1990s. Think I still have a couple of them in my collection with offical form somewhere.

at the time - the prices were reasonable. But now?? No-fricking-way! :sumo:

What Chunk did as of lately is loco crazy. Haven't brought anything from him since, and had no regards anyway. There are plenty of others with much better and reasonable deals!