• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Heckle and Jeckle Vol. 1 No. 1 (1949)

10 posts in this topic

That is a cool book. It is actually Blue Ribbon Comics #1 - http://www.comics.org/series/12454/covers/

No graded copies in the census either - not sure that makes it rare or not worth slabbing but I haven't seen a copy before.

I'd say a 6.0/6.5.

You are absolutely correct. I just checked inside the front cover at the, whatever you call that writing, ( I keep forgetting) and it is definitely BRC #1. I purchased this book in a batch from my LCS and I, judging by the cover, assumed it was an H&J title. The only reason I bought it is because it was a cool, funny cover for that time,.. and in fairly decent condition. And maybe because it was also a #1 :grin:

Anyway, I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Now I know what I got.

That is a cool book. It is actually Blue Ribbon Comics #1 - http://www.comics.org/series/12454/covers/

No graded copies in the census either - not sure that makes it rare or not worth slabbing but I haven't seen a copy before.

I'd say a 6.0/6.5.

You are absolutely correct. I just checked inside the front cover at the, whatever you call that writing, ( I keep forgetting) and it is definitely BRC #1. I purchased this book in a batch from my LCS and I, judging by the cover, assumed it was an H&J title. The only reason I bought it is because it was a cool, funny cover for that time,.. and in fairly decent condition. And maybe because it was also a #1 :grin:

Anyway, I really appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Now I know what I got.

(thumbs u Very nice pick-up for sure. And the inside writing is the indicia.

H&J are some nuttier magpies - I used to watch them growing up. :)