• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales #130

22 posts in this topic

Ok break down time.

Front cover.

19 visible spine ticks along the spine.

4 spine ticks along top edge where cover over hangs the book.

5 small spine creases top right hand corner and one larger one plus an even bigger crease that runs through the comics code stamp.

these creases on top right in conjunction with the other wear is what knocks the book down from 6.5/6.0.

horizontal crease through the 'and ' and vertical crease through ' thing '.

4 to 5 very small creases along edge of the black cover beside the word balloon.

Back cover

large corner crease that just runs by the boys men word balloon.

above this crease looks like writing indentation numbers 2.00

16 spine ticks visible on the back.

of course grading from a scan is not always precise

hence 5.0 maybe a 5.5

I cant see a 6.0 or higher but others may differ

Still a cool Beatles cover (thumbs u

Ok break down time.

Front cover.

19 visible spine ticks along the spine.

4 spine ticks along top edge where cover over hangs the book.

5 small spine creases top right hand corner and one larger one plus an even bigger crease that runs through the comics code stamp.

these creases on top right in conjunction with the other wear is what knocks the book down from 6.5/6.0.

horizontal crease through the 'and ' and vertical crease through ' thing '.

4 to 5 very small creases along edge of the black cover beside the word balloon.

Back cover

large corner crease that just runs by the boys men word balloon.

above this crease looks like writing indentation numbers 2.00

16 spine ticks visible on the back.

of course grading from a scan is not always precise

hence 5.0 maybe a 5.5

I cant see a 6.0 or higher but others may differ

Still a cool Beatles cover (thumbs u

(thumbs u Good work sc! You have all of the same details that I had! smiley-gen130.gif

????

The front cover corner creases, the horizontal "pressure" crease above the word "and" and the vertical edge crease that I think actually starts just below the issue #130 and continues down to just below the "Beattles" Thing's eye are in my opinion the majpr contributors to the lower than expected grade!

Sorry dude....01TheDude.smiley-gen130.gif

thank you for the analysis

I think the whole spine ticking issue is getting double counted though- you mention the front spine ticks and then the back

-- it's one spine, how is it not going to be on both sides of a book?

Sometimes spine stresses are only visible on the front or back cover and not both.

I think giving you a separate count for front and back is not so much double counting as it is verification. It won't effect the grade any!smiley-gen130.gif

ps-- not trying to argue with your opinions

just seems like such a solid book when you have it in your hands.

freaking scans are the death of me

Ha! Remember the mantra of the PGM thread:

"NOTE: GRADING FROM A SCAN IS NOT RELIABLE, it's just interesting."smiley-gen130.gif

I think the whole spine ticking issue is getting double counted though- you mention the front spine ticks and then the back

Sometimes spine stresses are only visible on the front or back cover and not both.

I think giving you a separate count for front and back is not so much double counting as it is verification. It won't effect the grade any!smiley-gen130.gif

I guess that is true but it sounds like body repair guy looking at fender from both sides...

"Geez-- look at this huge dent here. Oh wow-- there is damage on this side too. Fixing that will be extra"

seems somewhat obvious that things that cause spine issues impact both sides. I don't know. Just semantics. I'm taking it too personal like this book is my kid or something. lol

I guess that is true but it sounds like body repair guy looking at fender from both sides...

"Geez-- look at this huge dent here. Oh wow-- there is damage on this side too. Fixing that will be extra"

seems somewhat obvious that things that cause spine issues impact both sides. I don't know. Just semantics. I'm taking it too personal like this book is my kid or something. lol

Haha! I like the way you think of your books! (thumbs u

Haha! I like the way you think of your books! (thumbs u

he'll be ok-- I'm getting him a really nice participation ribbon