• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "cheating husband" collection: Daredevil #168

17 posts in this topic

Bought these last year on eBay. Great story: wife finds hubby's love letters from his mistress in his comic collection, kicks his butt outta the house, sells books on eBay for pennies on the dollar. You guys have seen a few of them already. This one is a particular standout for two reasons: 1) HG 2) Frank Miller's signature on page 1:

DD%20168As.jpg

DD%20168Abs.jpg

Lesson 1: Be nice to your wife! hail.gif

Lesson 2: Don't save letters from someone other than your wife! insane.gif

Lesson 1: Be nice to your wife!

Lesson 2: Don't save letters from someone other than your wife!

Hey, that reminds me of a couple of things i need to do insane.gif

Get to it little johnny! 27_laughing.gif

I assume she listed them with a really low BIN?.. because that story sounds like an updated , creative version of the typical EBAY sympathy story.." My gandpa died, and I went through his attic and found these comics.

I know absolutly nothing about comics, but know they are old, and valuable etc..."

but if you got them on the cheap, then what a find..WTG thumbsup2.gif

Makes me wonder what she was doing ,going through comics like that.

Is NOTHING sacred!!

Ze-

I assume she listed them with a really low BIN?.. because that story sounds like an updated , creative version of the typical EBAY sympathy story.." My gandpa died, and I went through his attic and found these comics.

I know absolutly nothing about comics, but know they are old, and valuable etc..."

but if you got them on the cheap, then what a find..WTG thumbsup2.gif

Makes me wonder what she was doing ,going through comics like that.

Is NOTHING sacred!!

Ze-

Nope, she was the real thing. I was able to win a few lots before she became "known". When she brought out the shortboxes, they went stratospheric. Many different people got righteous deals. sumo.gif In retrospect I wish I had bought every last book she had, but was lucky enough to come up with 100 or so. hi.gif

p.s. Remember, NOTHING is sacred under the matrimonial umbrella! insane.gif

Is that a pen mark on the back cover? Otherwise, a really nice book. You selling?

Yes, it appears to be (although Frank used a black pen) And NO! sumo.gifhi.gif

That is not the first DD#168 that I've seen with the blue line on the back in that exact spot. I don't think it's a pen mark.

Is that a pen mark on the back cover? Otherwise, a really nice book. You selling?

That is not the first DD#168 that I've seen with the blue line on the back in that exact spot. I don't think it's a pen mark.

I think you're right counselor - it is the four-color cyan element. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Right. I have 3 copies and they all have that blue mark on them. It's printed on the cover.

I think the blunted corners might keep it as low as 9.4. If they can be straightened, could be a 9.6.

I agree with this assessment. Interestingly, only one corner of the front cover is blunted, while two of the back cover corners look blunted...? A 9.4 seems safe, 9.6 a possibility if those corners haven't suffered any real damage.